What's your current "I can't stop playing these songs" list?

by the way mumble...i just read your cd list. not too bad actually, some definite holes...but a solid start with some scattered eclecticism.

My wishlist right now is over a thousand CD's long... there's a lot of stuff i really want that i just can't really afford right now heh... it's a pain. There's something satisfying about looking at a wall of CD's knowing you can just pick one up and listen and read through the liner notes.

anyway, thanks.

My wishlist right now is over a thousand CD's long... there's a lot of stuff i really want that i just can't really afford right now heh... it's a pain. There's something satisfying about looking at a wall of CD's knowing you can just pick one up and listen and read through the liner notes.

anyway, thanks.

yea, i know what you mean about the liner notes and whatnot. no prob.

Otis Redding - Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone
The Beatles - You've Got to Hide Your Love Away
The Velvet Underground - Perfect Day
Cat Power - Wild is the Wind (cover)

^that was stuck in my head for a month or so.
Strawbs - Temperament of Mind / Vision of the Lady of the Lake / Forever / Blue Angle
edit: prolly add 'Down by the Sea' to this

I just looked them up on Wikipedia, and it seems as though they have over 50 albums or so. Oh wow, where to start.

Coil are in my top 5 favourite bands. Absolutely incredible band.

Love's Secret Domain. It's one of their more straightforward and accessible albums so it's a good place to start off.

Then get:

Musick To Play In The Dark Vol. 1
Musick To Play In The Dark Vol. 2
Moon's Milk (in Four Phases)
Ape of Naples

Then there's still loads more that is worth getting (like their unused Hellraiser soundtrack). Not all of their stuff is brilliant though, they ocasionally get a little too self-indulgent and turn somewhat boring (mainly on some of their older ambient/glitch works). But unlike acts like the Legendary Pink Dots, Coil managed to keep most of their albums fairly consistent so they'll either be all good or mostly boring.

Reactions: Tubbs
^ It really is a fantastic EP. It's probably my favorite EP by Ulver.

Coil are in my top 5 favourite bands. Absolutely incredible band.

Love's Secret Domain. It's one of their more straightforward and accessible albums so it's a good place to start off.

Then get:

Musick To Play In The Dark Vol. 1
Musick To Play In The Dark Vol. 2
Moon's Milk (in Four Phases)
Ape of Naples

Then there's still loads more that is worth getting (like their unused Hellraiser soundtrack). Not all of their stuff is brilliant though, they ocasionally get a little too self-indulgent and turn somewhat boring (mainly on some of their older ambient/glitch works). But unlike acts like the Legendary Pink Dots, Coil managed to keep most of their albums fairly consistent so they'll either be all good or mostly boring.
Thanks a bunch for the info, and I'm looking into it sometime soon.

Arcturus- Radical Cut
Porcupine Tree- Half Light
Porcupine Tree- Buying New Soul
Feist- Mushaboom
Comets on Fire- Sour Smoke
Bruce Hornsby- Thats Just the Way It Is