What's your current "I can't stop playing these songs" list?

So, I'm assuming that means you've heard the new My Chemical Romance album? The reason I ask is because I read nothing but praise for it in the press, and I would like to see what's good about the band because one of my best friends worships them, and I would like to see where she's coming from with that but... the previous two records have, quite simply, made me cringe.

So, is the album worth at least checking out? They must be doing something right if you can't stop playing one of their songs.

i was never a fan of the band before. they were pretty much straightforward scene pop/rock, whos songs never really appealed to me. then a few weeks ago at the book store i saw about 5 music magazines with them on the cover with such headlines as "Best Rock Album Of The Year". So my interest was peaked, but i forgot to look into it. Shortly after, one of my friends was playing a new CD in her car. Needless to say it sounded like a modern day Queen or Styx of rock opera proportions. I knew before asking what it was...but she confirmed for me it was the new my chemical romance. ive been addicted ever since. not the same band most of you would assume it is. but i understand it still wont be for everyone...but it is indeed exceptional.

i was never a fan of the band before. they were pretty much straightforward scene pop/rock, whos songs never really appealed to me. then a few weeks ago at the book store i saw about 5 music magazines with them on the cover with such headlines as "Best Rock Album Of The Year". So my interest was peaked, but i forgot to look into it. Shortly after, one of my friends was playing a new CD in her car. Needless to say it sounded like a modern day Queen or Styx of rock opera proportions. I knew before asking what it was...but she confirmed for me it was the new my chemical romance. ive been addicted ever since. not the same band most of you would assume it is. but i understand it still wont be for everyone...but it is indeed exceptional.

Funny you mentionned Queen because I heard their single on the radio and frankly, they should send money to Brian May & the Queen gang.

It sure didn't sound as classic power/pop/emo/punk whatever.

Negura Bunget - Hora Soarelui
Madder Mortem - The Flood To Come
Katatonia - July
The Provenance - Settle Soon
Wuthering Heights - Apathy Divine part 1
White Willow - Dusk City

Eric Johnson -
Manhattan
Emerald Eyes
My Back Pages

Soilwork -
Steelbath Suicide
Razor Lives
Sadistic Lullaby
Machinegun Majesty
Neon Rebels

Entombed - Premature Autopsy
Decapitated - Revelation of Existence trip
Bolt Thrower - Entrenched
Witchery - Plague Rider
Rapture - Raintracks
Aria - Ave Maria

Fields of the Nephilim -
For Her Light, At the gates of silent memory
Paradise Regained
Moonchild
Volcane - Mr. Jealousy has returned

yeah.......thats about it

oh yeah:

Opeth - Hours of Wealth :)

what are you on about
While Skepticism is a good starting point for funeral doom, I do not see the similarity with Summoning in any way shape or form and the statement you made proves you either have no understanding of Skepticism or whatever it is that Summoning is trying to achieve within their music etc...

btw, thanks for the neg rep :rolleyes:

I thought about that after I posted. I feel like I should love all their songs since I like that one so much, but I've never really been attatched to the majority of their songs. The opening track from their first album is one of my favorite songs though. So simple, but soooo beautiful.

most vocals (when they appear) are spoken word but there is sometimes singing vocals without lyrics, (your typical jazzish accentual singing). i'd definately give their self titled debut album a listen, its pretty varied & experimental electronic jazz and has a nice spontaneous and improvised feel.

If you have the same ZenDVD version as me, you'll probably be talking about the track 'Scuplture' which is actually on this album. So even if your not into their more lively (yet still mid/down-tempo) jazzy/improv stuff you should enjoy tracks like 'together', 'behind the curtain', 'break in' and of course 'sculpture' which tend to wash over you in an atmospheric way.
But I'd really reccomend the album as an overall piece and give it a bit of time to sink in fully, I hope you get the album cos its really worth it.

yes apparently we have the same dvd. thanks for the input, i'll deffo check them out