Whats your Fav Bands?

It would take some considerable contemplation to compose a completely accurate list of my favorite musical acts, something I don't nearly have enough time or conviction for, so here's a half-assed list instead...

Rush(This one is irrefutable...my favorite band of all time)
Yes
Dream Theater
Savatage
Fates Warning
Anathema
Pain of Salvation
Porcupine Tree
Death
Iced Earth
Opeth
Amorphis
Queensryche
Queen
Judas Priest
Iron Maiden
The Cure
Led Zeppelin
Pink Floyd
Steve Vai

I'll stop here before I drag on too long...or perhaps I've already done so?

Does Houwitser even have anything stand-out about them at all?

I'm just seeing them as a generic brutal band. I dunno, if it's just me.

I mean, I respect anyone (especially SC) who likes them.

Thanks man. Houwitser are indeed fairly generic. The reason I like them so much is simply because all their albums have excellent riffs and drumming suited to picking-out the headbanging nature of the music. They've just got a very high and consistent standard, even if their music is in no way original or distinctive.

Cool. Do you recommend Embrace Damnation at all?

All I have is Rage Inside The Womb, and I'm wondering how the othe(s) compare.

Embrace Damnation is definately their best I think. Damage Assessment (newest one) is probably their poorest....but that's more because of the repetativeness of the drummer's fills.

Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Grave Digger, Running Wild, Stratovarius, Helloween, Gamma Ray, Primal Fear, Edguy, Accept, Hammerfall, Sonata Arctica, Thunderstone, Tad Morose, Iced Earth, Dio, Rage, Savatage, Nevermore, Children Of Bodom, Dimmu Borgir, King Diamond, Mercyful Fate, Slayer, Overkill, Destruction, Kreator, Lizzy Borden, WASP, Y&T, Ratt, Queensryche, and it goes on and on and on and on

Oh, I forgott to say that I also like Dimmu Borgir a lot. Kreator and Overkill are also very sweet.

Carcass
Death
Morbid Angel
(hearing the aforementioned three bands is what got me into metal in the first place, so I'll always have a soft spot for them :p)
Hypocrisy
The Crown
Amorphis (preferably The Karelian Isthmus and Tales from the Thousand Lakes, but I do enjoy their newer stuff as well)
Windir
Falkenbach
Borknagar
Amon Amarth
Bathory
Suffocation

10. Black Label Society
9. Bolt Thrower
8. Biohazard
7. Dying Fetus
6. Kreator
5. Slayer
4. Entombed
3. Pantera
2. Obituary
1. Sepultura

Old Iced Earth
Children of Bodom
Skyfire
Kalmah
Adagio
Symphony X
Nevermore
Death
Immortal
Megadeth
Testament
Lost Horizon

cannibal corpse
amon amarth
diabolic
morbid angel

there's still a lot of death metal bands out there that i still haven't discovered. fuck chicago radio