New bands advice

Sunlapse said:
CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWLINNG INNNNNNNN MY SKIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNN...... THESE WOOOOOOOOUNNDS THEY WILLLLLLLL NOT HEAAAAAAAAAAAAL
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET THIS SONG OUT OF MY HEAD !!!! :yell:

*search cds...start suffocation...feels better* :Spin:

sorry that'd be your opinion. My fav band will always be In Flames hands down, they got me hooked and they are like exactly what I look for in the sound, just gets repetitive if thats all I listen to.

arachn1d said:
sorry that'd be your opinion. My fav band will always be In Flames hands down, they got me hooked and they are like exactly what I look for in the sound, just gets repetitive if thats all I listen to.
I've said things like that before too......but eventually my tastes changed

arachn1d said:

In flames got me into melodic death metal and I used to think they would always be my fav. but sure enough a good many bands floored me first listen and dethroned them.

First, some melodic death metal:

At The Gates - Slaughter of the soul
Dark Tranquillity - The Mind's I
Amon Amarth - Once sent from the golden hall
Arsis - A celebration of guilt
Soilwork - Chainheart machine (I think that's what it's called)
Darkane - Expanding senses

Then some melodic blackmetal:

Dissection - Storm of the light's bane
Naglfar - Sheol
Dawn - Slaughtersun - crown of the triarchy
Sacramentum - Far away from the sun

There are some good starting albums for broadening your taste a little bit.

None of you bitches have mentioned Nevermore to the unenlightened fellow.

If you like Nevermore... which you will, check out Brainstorm, Angel dust, TadMorose and Nocturnal rites :kickass:

You like Killswitch you'll love God Forbid, Shadows fall and Avenged sevenfold

If you think you can handle something a bit heavier than the above... check out Heaven shall Burn. They just released the best album of 2004 so far IMO (antigone). Download Heaven Shall Burn, Shadows Fall and God forbid here!!!

I second the fact that you need to hear Dark Tranquillity (best band ever) and I further that point saying, If you dig them, youll dig Omnium Gatherum