New bands advice

Blade Golem said:
This is a long shot based on your band listing(although not too much of one) but check out The Chasm.

I was SOOOO tempted to suggest it, but realistically The Chasm don't have a very accessible sound, and considering his music taste it would be tough for him to get into it. It'd be better if he started on more ear friendly music such as dark tranquility or summoning and then worked his way toward bands like The Chasm as it does require a bit of effort to truly appreciate it at first. Then again, I don't know him personally so maybe he's not the type that gives up on music if it doesn't appeal to him right away. There's no telling.

thecrimsonchin said:
I was SOOOO tempted to suggest it, but realistically The Chasm don't have a very accessible sound, and considering his music taste it would be tough for him to get into it. It'd be better if he started on more ear friendly music such as dark tranquility or summoning and then worked his way toward bands like The Chasm as it does require a bit of effort to truly appreciate it at first. Then again, I don't know him personally so maybe he's not the type that gives up on music if it doesn't appeal to him right away. There's no telling.

Eh, like I said, it's a bit of a long shot, but it does have a lot of melodies in it, and since he listed bands that use them quite often, it's worth a try. It can't hurt, anyway. :)

Ya I seem to enjoy bands that have at least some way to understand the lyrics but i always enjoy the technicality at the same time. I'm still getting used to like nonstop screeches that are hard to understand but the muscians are awesome I must say.

anonymousnick2001 said:
Skyfire are a lot like Kalmah, actually. More keyboards, though.

Ill Niño did turn pretty bad. This Time's For rEal is a good song, though. All in all, I prefer Revolution Revolución.

Mushroomhead are very progressive in their mixing of thrash, rapmetal, groove, hardcore, and funk with black metal/gothic keyboards. Sort of like Faith No More meets Cradle of Filth, minus the gayness of the latter.
Ill Nino were never that good other than a few decent songs. But I used to be a fan and I just can't believe I was now.

Mushroomhead thrash? My ass. Not even close. They're just experimental kind of band like something Mike Patton would do.

MURAI said:
Ill Nino were never that good other than a few decent songs. But I used to be a fan and I just can't believe I was now.

Mushroomhead thrash? My ass. Not even close. They're just experimental kind of band like something Mike Patton would do.

I'm still a fan of revolution revolucion. It was unique, and enjoyable album albeit slightly repetitive.

I agree about Mushroomhead though. What would call them? Funk-metal?

Im liking the following alot
Dimmu Borgir
Arch Enemy
Kalmah <--- especially
Devildriver <-- exactly the same as coal chamber (i know the vocalist went to it)did the others?
Edge of Sanity <-- is okay sometimes not clear enough
Opeth <-- good shit
Iron Maiden <-- not my style but okay to listen too

I didn't bother to get it. Someone bought XX for me 2 years ago and I like some songs in it. Still nothing beats Mike Patton's Faith No More or Tomahawk.