Whats your favorite band after SymphonyX??

Originally posted by ProgMetalFan
All great choices!

3 of those bands released albums that are in my Top 10 of 2002 and the other is one of my most anticipated releases for 2003.

I'm still having trouble liking all of Deliverence so it didn't make my top 10 list. I only liked a few songs from Blackwater Park so I made a disc with three from each and I'm listening to that alot.

I can't wait for the new Nevermore and Opeth (which is my most anticipated release).

Originally posted by Soul of Ice
My favorites in order (my top 5)

Conception
Nevermore
Freak Kitchen
Symphony X
Zero Hour

The Coception guitarist is the guy in Ark correct? I really love Ark. Would I enjoy Conception also?

Would you like Conception? Thats like asking if a person likes breathing. Well not exactly, but...

It had Tore Ostby (now in Ark) and Roy Khan(tatat) (now in Kamelot)

Their first CD, The Last Sunset, (which i am desperately trying to get ahold of) shows their somewhat thrashy roots. Its really good heavy progpower

Parallel Minds, leans more on the more powermetal side (not like the kind Rhapsody, but you know what im talking about when you hear it) and is quite excellent.

In Your Multitude, is my favorite of theirs because it really is the quintessence of what progressive metal is all about while showing a softer side as well.

Flow, good, but it is my least favorite of theirs. It was too commercial sounding.

Stick with the first three and right there is all you should ever need if you get stranded on an island with only 3 cds and of course a cd player

My favorites in order (my top 5)

Conception
Nevermore
Freak Kitchen
Symphony X
Zero Hour

That's an exceptional Top 5, although admittedly I have only heard one Freak Kitchen song.

Would you like Conception? Thats like asking if a person likes breathing. Well not exactly, but...

It had Tore Ostby (now in Ark) and Roy Khan(tatat) (now in Kamelot)

Their first CD, The Last Sunset, (which i am desperately trying to get ahold of) shows their somewhat thrashy roots. Its really good heavy progpower

Parallel Minds, leans more on the more powermetal side (not like the kind Rhapsody, but you know what im talking about when you hear it) and is quite excellent.

In Your Multitude, is my favorite of theirs because it really is the quintessence of what progressive metal is all about while showing a softer side as well.

Flow, good, but it is my least favorite of theirs. It was too commercial sounding.

Stick with the first three and right there is all you should ever need if you get stranded on an island with only 3 cds and of course a cd player

I got my "Last Sunset" from http://www.lasercd.com

Excellent band, "Flow" rules too!

Symphony X is definitely my favorite hands down. Some other favorites:
Adagio
Kamelot
Dream Theater
Yngwie (although not really a band)
Tourniquet
Rhapsody
Joe Stump w/Reign of Terror
Racer X
Narnia

Nice overview of Conception...The Last Sunset is the least impressive of their albums IMO, but still a must own, as from the beginning they were a unique band. And it ends with the mindblowing Among The Gods, an opus that combines thrash, prog, and Latin influences into a seamless whole. But you know that already. :)

about Conception.....

"Flow" is on my top 20 of all time....
the others are kinda regular prog/power....Flow was unlike anything else....
completely original sound. great, tight songs, masterful production, tasty use of electronics, and Khan's most emotive performance ever.

The other two are excellent but "The Last Sunset" is just an awful CD imo.

"We're building a force!!"
ugg,,,,why?