Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Dissection

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Immortal

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Leviathan

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters
Ulver made 1 black metal album, 1 blackened metal and 6 totally non-black metal ones. This is without counting the 4 electronic/ambiant EPs.

So, in the end, I think that Agalloch (with their 3 blackened metal albums) is much closer to what we can call a "black metal band" than Ulver.

agalloch would not exist without ulver

enslaved btw, would have voted for weakling but their 1 album to enslaved's 32492894324 albums drops their stock a bit

As if Im supposed to pick ONE band out of that list!

EDIT: I didnt vote, I just couldnt, there are too many bands there that I love, it's impossible for me to single one above another in this field.

Hmm i think most Black metal blows...i like a few albums by a few bands, voted for Enslaved because they are the most consistent band of that style for me...i love some stuff by Emperor and Immortal though...Agalloch used to be pretty cool but no, they aren't black metal, and my beloved Blut Aus Nord is not on the list :(

People in this forum bash Diabolical Masquerade a lot, and i honestly don't know why, i really, really like them, Nightwork fucking destroys, the more thematic/conceptual(and weird) Death's Design owns too. Still don't think they are really black metal...dunno why, maybe something about the riffs...

I don't see much difference between diabolical masquerade and demon burger