Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Immortal

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Leviathan

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters
enslaved is the only bm band that can hold my attention for a whole album
00000013.gif

yeah certainly trumps agalloch, and agalloch got 6 votes. wolves in the throne room trumps agalloch as well.

Dark funeral received just one vote...and that vote came from me ! I like almost all the bands listed above, bt Dark funeral are something special for me, maybe i'm conditioned by their debut EP, it's a masterpiece, i still remember the day it came out and i heard it, there are 1000 awesome riffs on that record, with the riff quantity of a Dark funeral song from that Ep, many bands would made an entire album...

I voted Leviathan, narrowly edging Deathspell Omega and Drudkh.

It's funny that people question Agalloch's presence on the list and then vote for Enslaved, most likely off of the last few albums. They're hardly black metal most of the time.

I'm really surprised at no Darkthrone votes. I know most of you guys don't like true black metal, but still...

Also, for those who haven't heard Leviathan, which is undoubtledly many of you, listen to the two originals off of the Xasthur/Leviathan split-- Unfailing Fall into Naught, and The Remotest Cipher. I get lost in these songs every time.

I would have also added MGŁA, Tåke and Hate Forest to the list. Kataxu are also quite good.

All in all, there's so much great material. It's difficult to single out just one to stand above the rest.

I wished to vote for Kampfar... but it isn't in the List ¬¬

I Voted Burzum... so far is the best of black metal... maybe the greatest influence to the actual generations of black metal bands.

What's up with

Nargaroth
Graveland
Borknagar
Ulver
Moonblood
Ancient Wisdom
Naglfar
Judas Iscariot
Taake
Carpathian Forest
Horna
Arckanum
Abigor?

I'm suprised… isn't Dimmu Borgir? The most promotioned and sold black metal band?

I voted Leviathan, narrowly edging Deathspell Omega and Drudkh.

It's funny that people question Agalloch's presence on the list and then vote for Enslaved, most likely off of the last few albums. They're hardly black metal most of the time.

I'm really surprised at no Darkthrone votes. I know most of you guys don't like true black metal, but still...

Also, for those who haven't heard Leviathan, which is undoubtledly many of you, listen to the two originals off of the Xasthur/Leviathan split-- Unfailing Fall into Naught, and The Remotest Cipher. I get lost in these songs every time.

leviathan is really amazing. wrest has done great stuff with both leviathan and lurker of chalice. tentacles of whorror is certainly among my favorite bm albums. it's really twisted. just doesn't let go of you.