What's your greatest discovery of 2001?

discouraged1

disco my arse!
May 24, 2001
Belgrade, Serbia
www.myspace.com
So, what's your greatest discovery of 2001?
What band was the most important that you found out in the past year?

Mine is Shape of Despair.
Their Angels of Distress is really awesome.

The second1 is Solefald, their great AvantMetal just leaved/s me speechless(every time)...

2001 was awesome. I discovered:

- Extreme and underground doom like Funeral, Evoken, Khanate, Dusk, Shape Of Despair (they do rule!!)
- Devin Townsend, who summed up everything I ever wanted in music
- 80's underground goth and goth in general (i.e. Fields Of The Nephelim, Clan Of Xymox, Christian Death)
- Shoegazing/Dream Pop/Textural/Ethereal music (i.e. Cocteau Twins, Black Tape For A Blue Girl, Dead Can Dance, Love Is Colder Than Death, Con Dolore)
- David Torn, textural/ambient guitarist who made the music for Traffic
- Prince... yeah, Prince. You got a problem with that? :p
- Mick Karn, fretless bassist from Greece with a Middle-Eastern feel

I rediscovered:
Pink Floyd, Anathema, Death, My Dying Bride, Paradise Lost and Opeth.

well, apart from realising that i'm not the sickest person inhabiting this world ;) (quite a relief, actually ;) ) ? ...

i discovered tenhi's "kauan", which is an accoustic, melancholic masterpiece, in my humble (and twisted ;)) opinion :)

Originally posted by Raven777
2001 was awesome. I discovered:
- Extreme and underground doom like Funeral, Evoken, Khanate, Dusk, Shape Of Despair (they do rule!!)

I've been meaning to get that Khanate album, whats it like?

80's underground goth and goth in general (i.e. Fields Of The Nephelim, Clan Of Xymox, Christian Death)

Those are some good bands! There are other really cool ones tho like This Mortal Coil, Wolfgang Press, Siousxie and the banshees,early Cure, bauhaus, sisters of mercy, etc. etc. you into any of them?

- Shoegazing/Dream Pop/Textural/Ethereal music (i.e. Cocteau Twins, Black Tape For A Blue Girl, Dead Can Dance, Love Is Colder Than Death, Con Dolore)

:eek: You have no idea how hard it is to get BTFABG albums here! I've never found one! I noly have a few MP3's :cry: But those are some really cool bands again :D

Anathema!

heh, welcome to the world , right?
The new CD is crap methinks. "Judgement" was the CD to get me into them.

I also rediscovered Moonspell, after their release of the fantastic "Darkness And Hope" album, which was a gift from gods.
I hate the Butterfly Fx album, but with this new one I hope that they`re back where they should be: At the top of the European Metal Scene. May they stay there for years to come! ALMA MATER!

Well, say, some good nu-metal shit: nonpoint, System of a Down.

Besides: Catharsis (great Russian neo-classic band you should listen!), Blazing Eternity, Shape of Despair, Finntroll, Dismal Euphony, November's Doom.