What's your greatest discovery of 2001?

Jeff Buckley. The man.

And... The Doors!

(plus Tangerine Dream, Current 93, John Zorn, Mike Patton, Gong and the most beautiful music ever: Olivier Messiaen, the composer).

D Mullholand

- Katatonia! this is really upper-sadness music
- System of a Down (you really have to listen their new album, the more you listen to it, the more you gonna like it!)
and Tool, Tristania, Lacuna Coil

- Prince... yeah, Prince. You got a problem with that?

No, no I don't. You should listen to Prince. That goes for all of you. Purple f*cking Rain. Yeh

Hows about:

Anaal Nathrakh (totally f*cking Necro)
Novembre
Tristania
Jeff Buckley, cool that was this year for me too!

What a damn great voice there is (was) on that man! yeh

I really must get some Green Carnation

I's recommend '25th Hour: Bleeding' from the swedish band THE PROVENANCE. That's an absolutely great album! Imagine a well balanced mix between the early Gathering and the less weird Arcturus, with a little bit of Dream Theatre, Anathema and Opeth. The vocals are almost perfect. Very powerful female chants int the vein of IN THE WOODS' Synne Soprana (not the over-sweet gothic lalala...) and a male singer whom I'd compare to no other than the mighty GARM (both growls and clean singing are absolutely superb). And don't think they are soft! They kick ass in the right time. All elements are well placed and seem very genuine. So give them a chance. Just d'load 'Deluded Into Delirium' or 'For Whom I Bleed' from Audiogalaxy for a taste...

Other fav. albums in 2001 are:
DORNENREICH - 'Her Von Welken Nächten'
HOLLENTHON - 'With Vilest Of Worms To Dwell'
ANCIENT RITES - 'Dim Carcosa'
VIRGIN BLACK - 'Sombre Romantic'
MADDER MORTEM - 'All Flesh Is Grass'

My single greatest discovery of 2001 was in the summer of 2001, Maudlin of the Well. They are now one of my 3 favorite bands, pretty damn close to Anathema. Leaving Your Body Map and Bath are the two best albums of 2001, definitely edging out A Fine Day to Exit and Ulver's Perdition City...

Otherwise, it would have to be Porcupine Tree, that started an insatiable slide into rock that has currently lead me to The Thought Industry and Cave In... I haven't listened to rock in years either.

Originally posted by godisanathiest
5 octave range ;) Not as big as his dads tho, who holds a record ;)

I think we've already argued this before, but still: 5 fukking octaves? I think it's
cranky.gif
and impossible.

Can you show me a song from Grace where he uses his range? Just curious!

D Mullholand