What's your greatest discovery of 2001?

uhm, considering that i know you and my name begins with "v", i can say "yes, c'est moi" ;)

but i don't wanna be shot 'cause we're going off-topic (i know of a couple of guys who were obliged to go on mars because of that :lol: ), so i'll add another personal discovery of 2001: throne of chaos. their first album, "menace and prayer".

good to have you there :)

and to worry about the off topic posts, none cares anymore.

long live A N A R C H Y

peace,
mehdi

[got my mail?]

Now i have taken some time to think about my discoveries of 2001. Some re- discoveries I'm also going to mention.

So here we go:

Mogwai
Blackmail
Zeraphine (Ex- Dreadful Shadows!!!)
Muse
Kari Rueslatten (her solo albums)
Antimatter
Lacrimas Profundere
Evereve

Re- Discoveries: Novembers Doom, Enchantment (just released one Album unfortunately 8 years ago, but there are great songs on it).

I'm not sure if this is all, but these bands are left in my mind at the moment.

Cheers,

Morpheus

i know Spindelsinn and Mesmerized.

Spindelsinn is in norwegian and peaceful.

Both, Spindelsinn and Mesmerized are Pop, Mesmerized a bit more with electronic influences, wherefore Spindelsinn is a bit more folk influenced.
It's a bit hard to explain, but i like them because her voice still has the grandeur of her "Mortal" days, just the music is different.

She has already braought out a new record, but yet i haven't heard, it should sound darker and she worked together with the producer of "Tears laid in earth".

So maybe you try this one (its called "Pilot").
Cheers Morpheus

THE PROVENANCE - '25th Hour; Bleeding'

simply great, brilliant, original, progressive, with lots of atmosphere and a fresh approach. Great vocals, interesting flute and lots of heaviness, but many calm parts on the other side. Impossible to describe. Imagine a mix between Opeth/earlier Anathema/a bit Dream Theatre/some drops of the straighter Arcturus/a little of older Gathering/faint echoes of MDB. Got it? A must!!!