when and how much they played?

deathmetalrules90

New Metal Member
Apr 7, 2004
i dunno if this has already been answered but when did Alexi and Roope start playing? what age? and how many hours a day did they practice?

I coulda sworn I heard that Alexi started guitar when he was 12. I think he started violin and then switched to guitar. I dunno about Roope but I'm sure he started young also. He was in Stone when he was 16 or 17 or something like that and he was fucking great back then so I'm guessing he took music lessons from a very very young age.

I have no fucking clue. All I can tell you is that I've been playing for 2 years and I practiced like 8 hours a day for my first year and I couldn't play one Bodom song until about 6 months ago, if that helps you at all.

yea dude i became a shut in lol when i started i love guitar soo much its all i wanted to do i would just sit in my house for days jamming away and getting that fucking technique down, i picked it up reaaaaaally quick tho its all depending on the person and how good you wantto get, the better you wantto be the more you practice to ge tthere

egonomic666 said:
yea dude i became a shut in lol when i started i love guitar soo much its all i wanted to do i would just sit in my house for days jamming away and getting that fucking technique down, i picked it up reaaaaaally quick tho its all depending on the person and how good you wantto get, the better you wantto be the more you practice to ge tthere
Yea Iv done that too. There have been days where all I wanna do is sit in my basement & jam away. I got the technique down, all I need now is more of the technical skill and theory knowledge and Il be pretty set.

Alexi is something very special, he started around 12, but at 16 years old when finnish primary school ends he didn't continued to any education school or high school, he just concentrated on Children of Bodom (inearted at that time) and guitar playing 24/7, so Alexi has really worked and suffered for his guitar skills.

I really respect when guys do that. I think Yngwie did the same thing, and dropped out of school early to play guitar.
They must have had a lot of faith in their playing and known they would get somewhere with it.
Im kinda in the same mindset these days. I really do not want to do anything other than play guitar and perform, and will do everything in my power to accomplish it.