When and Why? anyone

I loved music ever since I can remember. I started out listening to what my mom and dad listened to, but even at the age of 6-7, I developed my own tastes...at that time I listened to marching music, like John Phillip Sousa and also country music with the sleep-box guitars...I loved that sound.

Then like most kids between 8-11, I listened to pop music played on the AM radio station...but one day when going to a halloween party at the local Boys Club, I heard, for the first time, Black Sabbath...and that changed me forever...

At 12-13, I listened to music that nobody in my peer/age group listening to - Sabbath, Deep Purple, King Crimson, Aerosmith, AC DC, ELP, etc...

Now most people my age love those bands and they are quite popular on the oldie radio stations...where I have grown weary of most of those groups...

Now, I listen to what my peers don't listen to and they listen to what I used to listen to when I was a teenager...how about that irony?

I'm 27 now and I've been a metalhead since I was just a little kid in the early 80's. I think metal will always have special meaning for me. I don't think it's likely that I'll lose much interest in it, regardless of what anyone thinks about me listening to it. As I've grown older, though, I've become mature enough to broaden my horizons, musically speaking. Metal will always be my favorite, yet it's just one of many different styles of music that I enjoy.

Originally posted by Brutalizer
Metal is something unique, it's something that's always there, it's always great, unlike disco & techno stuff for example, which is just a trend which dies fast, because there are no feeling or thoughts behind the music (in my opinion). In my case, i listen to my cd's very often and i buy cd's often too, and i never get tired of 'em (well...some, but of course you can't like everything). I am sure many agree with me about this and i am sure you will not get tired of the cd's you bought. I know this sounds very cliché and heavy metal:ish, but i think seriously, that metal will never die! :)

There! A lesson in Metal by Mr. Brutalizer! :p ;)

PS. What cd's did you buy, btw? hehe

I have to say I agree every word you said ;) Um...I don't have to pay of this lesson, do I? :confused: :p
I think I've already mentioned the cd's somewhere..now they come once again:
Candlemass-Nightfall
Novembre-Classica

Hey, we have new smilies...!! o_O :Smokedev:

Originally posted by ~Zeanra~

I have to say I agree every word you said ;) Um...I don't have to pay of this lesson, do I? :confused: :p
I think I've already mentioned the cd's somewhere..now they come once again:
Candlemass-Nightfall
Novembre-Classica

Hey, we have new smilies...!! o_O :Smokedev:

hehe
Special offer: The first lesson is for free, the rest costs! :p

"Nightfall" is really good! I had it before and i regret that i sold it! :(
Messiah Marcolin rule!!