Votes: 21 18.4%
  • After Clayman

Votes: 41 36.0%
  • After Reroute To Remain

Votes: 13 11.4%
  • Never

Votes: 29 25.4%

• Total voters
I definitely think they improved from their early, commercialized sound but a lot of people don't like that because they're more inaccessible now and people just want a more accessible sound like on Jester Race. Well GUESS WHAT guys, Anders isn't going to sell out just because YOU want him to, OK? If he sells out, it's gonna be of HIS OWN CHOOSING

Agreed. People can't stand the fact that now they r teh tr00 und3rgr0und band that you won't see on MTV. You won't find epic songs such as Your Bedtime Story Is Scaring Everyone on The Jester Race or Whoracle. So sad.

I prefer their pre-clayman material, but r2r had alot of variety on it and i admit that i love the album. stye and cc are pretty weak.

In flames to this day kick arse IMO........i do agree, their style did change after Clayman, and their new stuff isn't as good as their older material......but i wouldn't say they suk.

Never, for me. The only album that I might consider average in comparison to the others is Come Clarity, although I still enjoy it.

Well fuck, I just was about to submit a long-ass book full of great points about IF but I lost the post. :(

I don't feel like redoing it so I'll recap with this.

IF have NEVER sucked. I will go so far as to say that I credit R2R and STYE with getting me into metal in the first place. Cloud Connected, Trigger, My Sweet Shadow, System, Evil in a Closet, etc. provided that more mainstream sound and drew me into MDM. I now love all eras of IF. If you'd have told me 3 years ago that I'd love all kinds of metal today, I'd have said metal and YOU suck. Also if you'd have told me 3 years ago that it was possible for MUSIC to give me GOOSEBUMPS, I'd have said that's just weird. (Yes i grew up in a 'cave' and didn't have access to much 'wordly' music.) I'm now getting into all of the Gothenburg bands and who's to thank? IN 'motherfucking' FLAMES!!!

That being said I completely understand where you old-school Flamers (hehe) are coming from when I read your angst ridden posts about how IF sucks now. It's not fun looking forward to a certain sound in an album and not getting it. You probably feel betrayed and left behind. I'm sure I would to if I were in your shoes.

BUT I'm not and I can be thankful that In Flames catered to ME and opened up a new world for me. (aww isn't that sweet) :p

Well R2R was a piece of crap, and so was soundtrack to your escape, but i really like Come Clarity, almost as much as the older stuff. But yeah R2R is possibly the worst album i have ever bought