WHEN did you get into Opeth?

Originally posted by Blackspirit

Actually I take that back! I forgot that I heard Opeth
for the first time when "Still Life" was released,
but I didn't get into Opeth until a while later....
In april/may 2000 maybe? Can't really remember! >:eek:P

me too, opeth take alot of listening and thinking to realise it's music beauty

Morningrise actually.

It took ages for them to release STILL LIFE over here, it was waaaay after the release over there, which sucked.

About 10 weeks now. I kept hearing great reviews of the band so I bought "Orchid" and that album sold me. Every payday I bought the next one and now that I bought BWP I have all 5. I wish they would hurry with that double album so I can have 7.

:hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump:

In 1998 right after My Arms Your Hearse was released. I have seen them live twice. Milwaukee Metalfest 2000 and in april this year in St.Paul,MN which had to be one of the best shows I have ever seen!

only at the beginning of this year, i'm only 15 though so i must be excused!! lol

they became my favourite band of all time when i first listened to Black Rose Immortal and the rest of the Morningrise album (the greatest release in music history!!)

around feb 2001
wow, time goes quick when your having fun!!!!
it seems like only yesterday i was seemingly hopelessly still searching for the music i knew had to be out there!

Well the first time i ever heard them was, believe it or not, on a kerrang! cover cd way back in March of this year. The song was the edited version of 'The Drapery Falls' and, amidst all the shit nu-metal crap on the cd, it stood out a mile! I immediately bought BWP and now i'm hooked have all their albums, saw them live Friday night, bought loadsa tshirts...

Thu Aug 09 2001, around 2am :p

Forgot to mention that my 1st one was Credence :)

November 1999 when I ordered Still Life. I had not listened to them before - so I ordered the album blindly...I was really surprised how fucking good music can be.
But unlike most other people I didn't instantly buy all their other albums...I did that a year later (October 2000) when the re-issues were released. I could have ordered the original ones too, but those didn't have the bonus tracks. I just don't understand the fans who only want to have the original copies... (some people say that the bonus tracks destroy the atmosphere of the album, but that isn't true for me, because I only listen to my Mini Disc copies: I moved the bonus tracks to the beginning (track 1) of the disc. So I always start with track 2 (or 3 in case of MAYH) when I listen to one of the albums)