Life Philosophies

Ethereal Sage

Mind Of Out Sight Of Out
Dec 30, 2001
In a cacoon
Visit site
I apologise in advance if this idea has already been posted, or the idea alluded to in a similar post.

I would like to know what life philosophies you Opethians (who frequent this forum anyway) have/follow/aspire to.....

Maybe even a comparison of life views before and after finding Opeth?:loco:

1.) If you get pissed at someone, try to ignore them, it's usually not worth being pissed off about.
2.) Don't try your hardest all the time, some things aren't worth doing well, relax as much as possible.
3.) Drink Barq's rootbeer because it tastes good.
4.) Even if you know you are right, sometimes it's not worth arguing about.
5.) If you answer the phone, and say "Hello", and you hear a silence, hang up immediately. Telemarketers use a device that calls, and when it detects a human voice (not a recording) it will transfer the call to a telemarketer, you have a small window to hang up before they bother you.
6.) Appreciate what you have.

well here's some.....

- no matter how right i think i am, i'm wrong.

- Believe nothing.
everyone is probably wrong, nobody is definitely right, no matter how good an argument sounds it could fall apart with one simple fact. Therefore be open minded to everything, including that which is rediculous and completely unbelievable. But be critical of everything too.

- make sure what im doing is worthwhile.
Dont just 'do' something out of habit or expectation, make sure it is worth my time, and isnt pointless. Always find the best/easiest way to do things. etc

- appreciate everyone and everything.
Its easy to forget what you do have when you concentrate on what you don't have

- get my priorities straight.
happiness is more important than money. friendship is more important than winning an argument. etc.

- always challenge myself.
Dont be afraid to try new things. Always do things that have potential to make me happier (such as going out when i don't feel like it).

- constantly change between 1st, 2nd and 3rd person when im talking so you can confuse people.

Rule number 1) Don't ask questions about life philosophy, it get monotonous after the 1000000th thread. :rolleyes:

Ummmm...........

-Don't eat rye bread.
-Save the pandas
-No matter what religion you think is real, you never really know until you're dead, so it's useless to waste time worrying about it.

Honestly, my outlook on life has become bleaker since discovering Opeth. It's like it really showed me how profoundly shitty life can be. I already knew life could be shitty, but not THAT shitty.

There's this liquid candy in a tube with a little candy worm inside that's good. And gummy worms are good. But not tomato worms.

Originally posted by Jayde
There's this liquid candy in a tube with a little candy worm inside that's good. And gummy worms are good. But not tomato worms.

:lol:

Originally posted by Belial
To quote Iced Earth:

Life's a bitch, life's a whore. Nothing less, nothing more.

untrue. As much as i have tried, i could never get head from life. Life is so damn unwilling. :)

You know, llamaura, sometimes I picture you as a talking cat. One of those wise, motherly type cats.

Feeling a but silly tonight :)

Originally posted by Jayde
You know, llamaura, sometimes I picture you as a talking cat. One of those wise, motherly type cats.

Feeling a but silly tonight :)

That's one of the nicest things anyone's said to me. Just keep picturing me that way, Jayde, and I'll try to live up to the image.