When is...

dia_hain

Genies and Sorcerers...
Apr 4, 2004
Ohio
www.last.fm
Borknagar coming out with a "Best of..." album? I think it's about time. Six albums already!!!! haha. So many already classic songs from each album!! I remember the days waiting to hear what Borknagar was going to sound like with Vintersorg. It feels like forever now.

Yeah, or a live CD.

Of course, for that the band would have to play live in the future! :D Guys, let's get moving!

I'm much happier knowing the acoustic album is coming, which is gonna feature some re-recordings of the "best" songs. And a DVD is coming as far as I know, so eveyrone wins!

I'd prefer the dvd, though a best of is a good idea.
Fact is though the true fans already have all the cd's so I think it'd be cooler to have a dvd or new material.

Exactly... and a band like Borknagar probably has mostly "true" or "big" fans.

karpsmom, thanks for verifying the DVD thing! Man, an acoustic album, a double-effort from Oystein and Mr. V, and a DVD all in the works! Can't wait to hear all that stuff.

I'm not sure! I'm just pretty sure that there was a lot of talk about it in the past on the forum. I'm pretty sure you're right about it featuring footage from Oslo. Asgeir will probably respond to this eventually.

If the dvd is comming, it'll be like a "Best of..." with visuals ^^ isn't that great? better than a "best of" cd :)

Devy_Metal : vortex did the vocals on "the archaic course" and "quintessence".
You should Buy both, but if you just want 1 of them, you should try to read the "best album" thread, and check the user's opnion.
Plus you should also check their first albums !

Devy_Metal said:
i have a few albums...the newest one and the one before that, but can anyone tell me the albums with vortex, and which is the best one to get?

Archaic Course and Quintessence. Both are great. I would go with Archaic Course first.

Why a Best of? There are better ways of promoting a band without leaving aside the old fans. Say, live CD, live DVD, live CD + DVD box, b-sides & rarities collection, cover songs, a mixture of everything, etc. But best of? Pfft.

karpsmom said:
I'm much happier knowing the acoustic album is coming, which is gonna feature some re-recordings of the "best" songs. And a DVD is coming as far as I know, so eveyrone wins!
=3