when...

_Transparent_

May 29, 2001
London, England
Visit site
okay, when you listen to opeth what kinda time period to see? i mean with loads of songs today you picture the present day and stuff, with oepth for me its more like the soundtrack to 'Sleepy Hollow' , i was just curious as the 'BWP' thread made me wonder...

What always comes to mind for me is back when horseback was the most reliable means of transportation. When towns had gatekeepers and the church's opinion was respected highly amongst all else. My lord and my lady and kingdoms and castles...

I guess I have wild imagination. :rolleyes:

I think in Sleepy Hollow will feet very well an Opeth soundtrack. 18th or 19th century, dark, gothic...

Another film with that dark and dirty photography, which demands some Opeth songs, is Vidoq. With DePardie.

And dammit, Transparent. Make those subject lines on your threads more obvious. I wanted to go off on how awesome a song When is and I find out its the first word a sentance. Dammit. Cut that shit out. :p

Tease...

Originally posted by Opet
And dammit, Transparent. Make those subject lines on your threads more obvious. I wanted to go off on how awesome a song When is and I find out its the first word a sentance. Dammit. Cut that shit out. :p

Tease...

:lol: yeah, i like to do that dont i...makes all you people actually click on the thread :D

anywho i have to say Fridays rule, come home from college at 1:00 (having listened to opeth on my headphones for an hour), have the house to myself, and play the loudest opeth i can, curtiously so that my neighbours can hear it too till about 3:00. love it, anyway i listened to when about 3 times and lets all talk about how great it is. :cool: the end is the fucking icing on the cake of a brilliant all round opeth song, what can i say, a true classic.

Originally posted by _Transparent_
okay, when you listen to opeth what kinda time period to see? i mean with loads of songs today you picture the present day and stuff, with oepth for me its more like the soundtrack to 'Sleepy Hollow' , i was just curious as the 'BWP' thread made me wonder...

YOU RULE!!!!

that's exactly what i think

and sleepy hollow was an awesome movie

Orchid/Morningrise=Medieval

MAYH-Not sure, but in the general time period in which Frankenstein is based seems about right.

Still life-I can't find any time for this, it's more ambiguous, almost like it is a fantasy, existing only in the mind...I don't know why.

BWP-Modern day. Maybe that's one of the reasons I can't get into it....

All of their albums sound pretty timeless to me -it's like you're walking in the forest alone absorbing the nature, as the nature element is a really strong vision I get from the music and the album covers, somewhere where you have absolutely no clue about what time period you could possibly be in. Just a viewpoint, which also probably marks my longest sentence in my posting history. ;)

Medieval??? Does I have something to do with the lyrics..well I guess If your looking at castles all day and so forth...(what the hell am I talking about:p)

I don't know. I could see Still Life being Medievalish because the story takes place in that era (The noose is tied murmur through the crowd..) when they hang Melinda

It's more like nature stuff for me.

Anyway...back to your regularly scheduled posting

*dives into the lake*

hmmm...I've always pictured the afterlife when listening to Opeth. Well, at least different versions of the afterlife. Ysgardian fjords and fields...or even the rancid masses relegated to Hades. I get visuals similar to what you might see in the film 'What Dreams May Come' ...

Ever since I first laid ears upon the music of Opeth, a medieval setting has entered my mind. Nothing like swords and the generic stuff. I am talking about ancient forests, vast fields, a simpler time. It is very relaxing to be swept away like this. I never regret it.

I'd place most of their songs in a pre-industrialized world. I agree with Opet about the horesback thing. Twlight is My Robe always evoked imagery of horses galloping through a dark forest..

Originally posted by bleed for me

YOU RULE!!!!

that's exactly what i think

and sleepy hollow was an awesome movie

:eek: :) :cool: anywho i have to say the thing with music is...

like a novel, you picture everything the way you want according to your life experiences and all, that way songs are different and special for everyone, and thats fucking great. i like seeing music videos where you can most the time see the artists interpriations and all..:rolleyes:

i always picture mikael and some chick in a forest or on grassplains crying or longing for something after a massive nuclear holocaust and they are the only 2 survivors.... seriously.