Where do ideas of good and evil come from?

I believe people should take their natural place according to their abilities, and that some have the characteristics of leadership when most do not. Equality tries to make everybody the same in quality, and by doing so it tries to iron out strength as a way of appealing to the lowest common denominator. A hierarchal society is much more natural and, done right, would result in much more happiness and health for a broader amount of people anyway.

Gallantry over Docility said:
...Because you've been conditioned by modern society to think so. Certain things like random murder and rape have been discouraged in virtually all societies because they obviously lack productivity, but none of your morals are universally and unquestionably "good" and you're the one who's insane if you think so. Get off your high horse.

well at least I provide evidence for my reasons, where are yours?

And don't assume I am brainwashed, I am the farthest thing from it.

and by equality, i meant equality in existance, not abbilities, I don't believe someone with the IQ of 40 can do anything they dream, or the low lifes in my town will every become mayor, its just that they "choose" to exist as they do,

What evidence? :guh:

Everyone (including me) is "brainwashed" in the sense I was talking about, there's no spiritual plain upon which our consciousness is independent of our surroundings and our own genes, that's a silly idea based on nothing.

And if people are equal in the sense that they all exist, that's fine, but not something that values or laws within existence should be based upon...

Gallantry over Docility said:
What evidence? :guh:

Everyone (including me) is "brainwashed" in the sense I was talking about, there's no spiritual plain upon which our consciousness is independent of our surroundings and our own genes, that's a silly idea based on nothing.

And if people are equal in the sense that they all exist, that's fine, but not something that values or laws within existence should be based upon...

you'd be suprised about the ammount of insight one can get from meditation, and energy work.

Have you not heard of the astral plane of existance? It's easy to say it doesn't exist, but hard to prove that it doesn't exist. I would go by people's experiences with astral experiences, that they are truthful, and more common then one would think.

Some call it lucid dreaming but there is a difference between the two, and the astral plain is very "real" in one sense or another.

my beliefs are a complex mixed web of interconnectedness, which, from my experiences and many others, seems to be more in tune with the developing underlining of reality as we know it, moreso then outdated belief structures or purely scientifical(oldscience)

you'd be suprised about the ammount of insight one can get from meditation, and energy work.

That's probably just your mind telling itself things you already believe on a subconscious level. Meditation can't provide any knowledge of reality outside yourself.

Have you not heard of the astral plane of existance? It's easy to say it doesn't exist, but hard to prove that it doesn't exist.

That's a terrible reason to believe in the existence of anything.