Where the fuck is the Avatar thread?

EricT

Don't you ever get...
Aug 25, 2005
Lost In Necropolis
There is none apparently. UNTIL NOW!

Going to see it in about 3 hours... woulda done yesterday but when I ordered tickets for the IMAX last week all the good seats for Friday were taken, so I had to settle for today.

A full report on BattleSmurfs to come. :Smokin:

The trailers really don't help the film.

It is a very good movie and worth seeing. The storyline is a bit basic but there is quite a bit of detail that can be fleshed out in the sequels, of which two are planned.

Go see it.

the short tv previews kinda make it look weird and dumb, but the long theater preview explained a bit more. i'll probably see it, the visuals at least will be pretty cool

got my tix for tomorrow at the Boeing Eames IMAX at the science center, there's one more IMAX in Seattle but the screen is much, much smaller. Regal Cinemas shame on you for LIEMAX.. lol...

got my tix for tomorrow at the Boeing Eames IMAX at the science center, there's one more IMAX in Seattle but the screen is much, much smaller. Regal Cinemas shame on you for LIEMAX.. lol...

We have that same shit (don't think it's Regal though)... The one I go to is fucking huge. Fills the entire field of view. And the seats are setup perfect so even if you focus on the bottom of the screen, you still don't see anyone's head unless they're 7 feet tall or some shit.

If only they'd start showing all movies in that theater...

yeah we'll be getting 3D projectors in our theater but still the olde early 90's size screens so it wont be the same. i didnt think they had Regals out in Washington.

The story is Pocohontas pretty much exactly, but the visuals and stuff are awesome. Maybe too long though. I held my piss in so long that once I got to the toilet it wouldn't come for a good minute and a half.

One of the interesting things is that the analogy is so loose it can be applied to so many different events/eras, and in that respect it's really a story about human beings generally and has a certain amount of resonance.

Dances With Smurfs :lol:

Looking forward to seeing this in IMAX. Probably won't be able to for a week or so though, feck's sake.