Where Would You Go To Locate Hard To Find MP3 Songs?

Compendium Guy

New Metal Member
Jun 12, 2007
I'm putting together an 80's Heavy Metal Compendium and it's about 5% done. But there are just a few songs that are on old obscure vynal LP's that don't ever see the light of day (since the 80's). Where is a good place to D/L samples of older 80's music? Limewire is what I use now, but that's dependant on who's ever got the song at the time. For example:

1. (82') Loudness - Lonely Player 4:51
1. (82') Samson - Danger Zone 5:33
1. (82') Savage - Let It Loose 3:17
1. (83') Phoenix Rising - Lonely Attack 5:06
1. (84') Black Tears - Black Tears ?:??
1. (85') Agent Steel - The Calling 0:47
1. (85') Agent Steel - The Swarm is Upon Us 0:16
1. (85') Artillery - Time Has Come 5:23
1. (85') Black Tears - March Without Fear ?:??

That should be a good enough list to see what I'm talking about. Loudness was a Japanese band and Black Tears was German. There are more bands like this through the 80's but i'll get to those later. If any one could help me out, e-mail me details... Thanks!

THX Wyvern, I'm getting the mIRC proggie again to check those. I used to have it, but too many freaks with bot's made surfing there crazy. I'll try it again.

AchricK, been there done that. I even e-mailed the guy who "doom' gets his stuff from. 'Halls of Metal' or som'm like that. But thx for the info.

CG

It's so easy to install SoulSeek. I found (82') Loudness - Lonely Player in just seconds. I'm sure you can find all the rest there too.

As for Vibrations of Doom, the guy will burn you a cdr with more than one album for a price.

But good luck, whatever you decide to do. :)

THX Wyvern, I'm getting the mIRC proggie again to check those. CG

Get Azureus (free download), to me has been the best to manage torrents. Then go to www.kerrazy-torrents.net and see what's available, you also have a place to put requests. Subscription is free too, after you did it go to the metal section.

Soulseek like Del said is also very nice, free, and easy to use.

Wyvern, got it and after checking out the feedback around town(net), seems to be the favorite(lotsa' features). I also came across this site with the addy's of a ton of .torrent search engines.

http://torrenthelper.blogspot.com/2007/03/best-torrent-websites.html:worship:

delise, yeah, did a "Loudness" search, only a couple popped up, but one package was 2gig. It did have the 80's stuff I was looking for THX. Although I don't need 2gig of japanese rock, should I "Priority High" the songs I need and dump the rest or just D/L the whole thing then dump.

I don't want to screw up any leachers if I am the only seeder. What's the consensus on this?:confused:

Murai, that links a spanish one for me, sorry I don't speak it or read it mangs...

Thx all...

CG

I don't want to screw up any leachers if I am the only seeder. What's the consensus on this?:confused:

I try to upload as much as I download. Not always I can because of my server and router firewall and other Internet thingies. But many times I have ended empty handed because no one seeds, life is tough in a FREE world :p

NP: Ralph Santolla - 'Starlight'

I think a lot of people seed when they can, but what I've run into is that Limewire seems much easier to get and put together the compilation that you want and Azureus seems better for Chronologies.:Smug:

What I like about AZ is you can get the hard to find stuff because it is usually lumped into some sort of discography. What I don't like about it is it's lumped into some sort of discography... Like a 2 gig file that takes a day or two to D/L. It kind of sucks if you just want one album or such.:guh:

That is probably the reason leeching is so hard with bigger torrents, everybody grabs what they want and dumps the rest as soon as they get it. Why would I want to keep a huge 'resource gobbling' torrent that took three days to get so I can wait another three days to let some other guy seed it? I'd like to use my computer *now*, not in three days...:rolleyes:

Anyways, I'm not bitching. It's prolly the best way to do things at the moment, but, how can you ever find a better way if everybody is satisfied and keeps thier mouth shut? Just speaking what popped in my head. Which is why i'm stopping now...;)

CG

I've located almost all of the current list,but I'm still looking for:

(album)Phoenix Rising - Phoenix Rising(EP) (1983)

(album)Black Tears - Child of the Stone (1984)

(album)Black Tears - The Slave (1985)
and a new addition:
(album)Trouble - The Skull (1985)

If anyone has these, let me know. They're for putting together an 80's Heavy Metal Compendium(Lite). I'll release the list as soon as I get these that has singles on it you can burn to CD and throw in the player... about 180 songs

THX
CG

I've got Trouble ("Skull" and "Psalm9"), you can get it from me at Soulseek , just PM me your nick (mine is carnut) and when you have time to come and get it !!

I've got Trouble ("Skull" and "Psalm9"), you can get it from me at Soulseek , just PM me your nick (mine is carnut) and when you have time to come and get it !!

You can also purchase it as it has been reissued with a bonus DVD :headbang:

Awesome carnut and Wyvern! I need to go get soulseek as all I have is Azureus. But will check in with you later...

Better yet, I don't need to get it, as it's another subscription service. I'll need to find another way. Sorry.

CG

EDIT: Ok, Got Trouble, so that only leaves Phoenix and Black Tears...Cool.

I'm putting together an 80's Heavy Metal Compendium and it's about 7% done. But there are just a few albums that are on old obscure vynal LP's that don't ever see the light of day (since the 80's).

1. (83') Phoenix Rising - Phoenix Rising
1. (84') Black Tears - Child of the Stone
1. (85') Black Tears - The Slave

Black Tears was a German band and shortly disappeared afer a few album releases. Phoenix Rising was "NWOBHM". If any one could help me out, or e-mail me details... Thanks!

CG