which brand, gauge strings do you guys use????

I've used .008s, and I thought they were too easy to play with, so I bought .010s, and I liked them, but they were missing something so, I bought .011s and I love them. On 10s I can go, faster, but, on 11's there's more sound on standard tuning, it sounds really heavy, and on 8s it was a shitty weak sound.

I've been using D'addario 11-52, down from the 13-56 I used for about 2 years. I'm glad I went with heavy strings, now the 11's are easy to play/bend...Anything blow 10 and I get too sloppy...

Update: After having gotten used to .010's instead of .009's, I must say really like 'em. =) I think I've broken my speedpicking record a number of times now (well, I never was fast to begin with) and those bends and vibratos are starting to come back as my hands are getting stronger.

'bane

*EDIT: I use Ernie Ball nickel plated strings: Regular Slinky (.010-.046) for regular E tuning.

I used to use D'adarrio .009s for everything. Then I grew up i guess =/ Now I use Elixer .011's in E tuning, and damn, I can't go back to .009's, their much to weak and bend way too much with too little effort. The 11's thankfully make the acoustic/electric switch a lot easier to keep bending those acoustic strings. :)

I started with the Elixers because they enhance the life and tone of your strings for about 1.5 times your average string-life, thanks to their polyweb coating, which kicks ass. However, I still need to change em monthly as much as I play :(

Rock on

Just bought a pack of JVB's. All Australian. All good. And way cheaper. They have great tone, seem to have lasted a hell of alot longer than other brands. I think I'll stick with them.

http://www.webstrings.com/

cheap and good (I use the nickel roundwound hybrids (9 - 46)

according to their page (obviously could be biased, they are trying to sell strings after all):

"Today companies like D'Addarrio, Ernie Ball, GHS and many others are offering better quality strings than at any other time in history. Guitar strings as well as many other things are being made better now than ever before. Now for those of you who are still in the dark about who makes guitar strings lets just say that there are only a handful of companies that actually manufacture them. Most of today's string labels have one of these string factories manufacture strings for them and they simply put their label on them. They are then sold to a distributor and then to a store or perhaps a catalog, everyone makes money along the way (we can't fault them for this, everyone needs to make a living). Strings go through many hands before they end up on your instrument."

I've never had any problems with them; they keep their tone for a long time and play and sound great :)