which progs have ya been too?

2 through always
Pending disaster, I will buy blindly every year...

I wanted to go to 1, but I found out about it too late, and I think I had a test. I also wasn't a fan of any of those bands until Glen put Sym X on the bill at the last minute.

Robin

Goodness.....everyone thinks Ark kicked ass at Prog-Power II. They definitely need to be the "reunion" show at a future Prog-Power. :D

Yep, each one (extra special thanks to Glenn for the first one). By the way, are there any other festivals that anybody has frequented? Before ProgPower, I caught three Powermad fests in Baltimore, two Powerfests in Chicago, and three Classic Metal Fests in Chicago. Of course, living in Chicago makes it easy.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

erm... there was only ONE Powerfest in Chicago before ProgPower. ;)

I've been to all three Powerfests, and Powermad '99 was my debut metal festival. Also attended this year's BW&BK here in Cleveland. Never been to a CMF (although I had planned to go last year, but it fell through -- I wanted to see Solitude Aeturnus in the worst way!), and I wouldn't touch a Jack Ko-shit fest with a ten foot pole covered with a condom.

I didn't word that correctly. I was just listing the other festivals I've seen. The Classic Metal Fest is definitely a fun time, but unless you live in the area or are that hardcore about underground bands that released some obscure EP in 1985 who are reuniting for one show, CMF probably isn't worth the trip. By the way, Solitude Aeturnus were really good live, but they're just not my thing. You might want to look them up, as their performance at the CMF was recorded for a DVD release. I'm not sure if it's out yet.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

Kez said:
This will be my fifth year in a row. I've seen all of the fest's in Atlanta.

And this is going to be another great one.

Kez

You bet it is! Can't wait to get there! Hope I can handle the upcoming three day work week! :Spin: