Which SymX show(s) will you be attending? (1 of 2)

Which SymX shows are you going to? (you can vote for more than one)

• Total voters
They're hitting the stage at different times each night, depending on the venue & how many local openers there are, on how soundcheck goes & if it happens on time, and so on..last night in Cleveland they started around 10:45p (and kicked MUCH ass, despite the fact that it was a gazillion degrees in there), and tonight they're scheduled to go on at 11p or so (we'll see if that actually happens though LOL).

Jax<-kickin' it on the tour bus in Detroit with the boys..life is good :)

Yep, I sure was..I was near the back during the main set, & then was up at stage left for the encore, & the rest of the time I was on the bus, when I wasn't smuggling the guys off to the hotel in my car so they could shower..LOL.

Yeah, it was ungodly hot in there, wasn't it? MJR said it was even hotter than the BB Kings show, which I hear was pretty awful.

Yep, I sure was..I was near the back during the main set, & then was up at stage left for the encore, & the rest of the time I was on the bus, when I wasn't smuggling the guys off to the hotel in my car so they could shower..LOL.

Yeah, it was ungodly hot in there, wasn't it? MJR said it was even hotter than the BB Kings show, which I hear was pretty awful.
You missed the super cool band who opened the main stage! :loco:
(Possibly the best night of my life. I should've had DC try to smuggle me onto the bus, but I didn't want to be an intrusive dick.)

Oh, and I was at stage right for the encore, haha, close one.

Cool! I've said hi to the guys before as they were looking out the bus windows before a show. Never got to hang on a bus before.

I guess it's different for me than it might be for some because I've gotten to where the guys aren't just my favorite band or my employers, but they're my friends, so it's always enjoyable to just hang out and chill with them..and especially this weekend, since it'd been 2 years since I'd seen them last.

How was the show?

It was fan-freakin-tastic..the crowd response was awesome, Russ told them that he was amazed that they were getting that sort of energy from an American crowd. Quite a cool show. :)

You missed the super cool band who opened the main stage! :loco:

Yeah, I didn't see any of the opening bands..that's how it usually goes, though. When they toured with Blind Guardian, I was at 4 different shows on the tour & never saw BG once LOL.
(Possibly the best night of my life. I should've had DC try to smuggle me onto the bus, but I didn't want to be an intrusive dick.)

LOL :)

Oh, and I was at stage right for the encore, haha, close one.

ROFL go figure!

I guess it's different for me than it might be for some because I've gotten to where the guys aren't just my favorite band or my employers, but they're my friends, so it's always enjoyable to just hang out and chill with them..and especially this weekend, since it'd been 2 years since I'd seen them last.

It was fan-freakin-tastic..the crowd response was awesome, Russ told them that he was amazed that they were getting that sort of energy from an American crowd. Quite a cool show. :)

Yeah, I was sitting here last night, wishing I was there, but that's not quite the best area of Detroit to venture down to alone.

Well, if its anything like the last tour, they'll be back through at least 2-3 more times. :)

I saw them all three times they came though Detroit last time (starting with the Blind Guardian show), and Russell was cool enough to shake my hand each time. Maybe I can work my way up to hanging on the bus. :D

the crowd response was awesome, Russ told them that he was amazed that they were getting that sort of energy from an American crowd. Quite a cool show. :)
Yeah, that was great, Russ comes up to the mic after hearing chants for the band and says something like "am I in America??" :kickass:

This was my first time seeing them, and I was amazed at how tight the band was...just a stellar performance all around. Russ has a very good stage presence...he commanded it like a champ. And the guys were very approachable and cool after the show.

The I-Rock was an interesting venue, Russ said he really liked the vibe...lots of guitars and memorabilia on the walls...pretty hot n stuffy though, ventillation anyone? Or at least give people the option of stepping outside for some fresh air :rolleyes:

Jax, it was cool meeting you...if anyone has the chance to meet her, she'll give you a hug or two :)

You sure that was her? Was she drinking? :D :lol:

Nope, I had not a single drop all weekend..Friday night I was taxi driver for the guys, & Saturday night I had to drive home at 3am, so neither night was destined to be Drunken Jax night, alas. Sucks too cuz MJR broke out the Jack on Saturday night during their set..no fair.

That doesn't sound like the "take no crap / put my foot down" board admin we all know and love. :loco: ;)

Oh trust me, only those that I'm pleased to meet/see get hugs..I can think of a couple of people who have consistently been asswipes to me online, & who I was subsequently introduced to at ProgPower..I'd have sooner eaten my own brain than wasted my time talking to them, and they most definitely did not get hugs. I think I just nodded & walked away both times (and smacked the crap out of the person who did the introducing, for wasting my time LOL).

Oh trust me, only those that I'm pleased to meet/see get hugs..I can think of a couple of people who have consistently been asswipes to me online, & who I was subsequently introduced to at ProgPower..I'd have sooner eaten my own brain than wasted my time talking to them, and they most definitely did not get hugs. I think I just nodded & walked away both times (and smacked the crap out of the person who did the introducing, for wasting my time LOL).

Wonder which list I'm on. :saint: