Who are your top three Thrash bands of all time?

I was never too big on thrash, but there are are course some killer bands like Toxic Holocuast and Lethal (Swe), and I've been getting into Sabbat (Jp) lately too. :p

never was into thrash. But Obtest from Lithuania seriously destroys any other thrash I've heard. I also like earlier Slayer and The Haunted's self-titled debut.

TaylorC said:
What band would you ever actually say something like that about? :D

Well he's sure been talking about CoB in that sort of tone recently - although I don't know whether even they can achieve "OMG AWESOME BEST BAND EVAR" in his eyes.

It's a tough one but I will have to say:

(1) SLAYER as they have been consistently fast and heavy throughout all the years they have been together. Even though they have experimented with different things on their albums throughout the years they have never betrayed their thrash roots.

(2) EXODUS as they have released four of the best ever thrash metal albums ever plus the best live metal album I have ever heard

(3) TESTAMENT as again they have stuck to their guns and never really betrayed thrash even on 'The Ritual' where they tried to get all mainstream there was still a lot of thrash on there

J. said:
But Obtest from Lithuania seriously destroys any other thrash I've heard. I also like earlier Slayer and The Haunted's self-titled debut.

The Haunted isn't Thrash, and Obtest is a BM band with a few Thrashy riffs now and then. That doesn't constitute Thrash, listen to Sacrifice.

1. Sepultura

Schizophrenia or Beneath The Remains is what comes to mind when I think of them. Arise is good too but their previous albums I feel are far better.

2. Slayer

All of their 80's work is great.

3. Kreator

They have always been strong from the start. Out of the 3 big German thrash bands I like them the best.

At the moment:

Kreator - They are the definition of Thrash. Thrashing drums and bass with complicated riffery make this band superior to any other Thrash band and their new style of Mature Thrash is the most advanced kind of Thrash ever.

Metallica - My 2 favourite Thrash songs are still Battery and Damage INC. Both those songs are the 2 thrashiest and most aggressive songs i've ever heard. The innovators of Thrash showed that they could dominate the Thrash market for the first 5 years of the genre.

Sodom - Quality individualistic German Thrash with some of the finest means of delivery.