Who do you trust most?

Strangelight said:
How long does it take to COMPLETELY trust somebody? I'd probably still be a virgin if I honestly went by that rule.

ever been in love? this should answer you question. sex is all about trust, it's pure trust ffs!

i agree with dunc here. if i waited for true love.............................................

mind you, i'm honest with these things like. i havent forced or lied to anyone to get laid. i never, ever, EVER, told a girl i loved her to do her.

autumnsphere said:
ever been in love? this should answer you question.

How does that answer my question? Its a beautiful concept, but totally unrealistic. It takes time before you know you can completely trust someone. Sometimes years, sometimes never. Theres millions of people who are in love with people that they cant trust at all.

my god.... im sorry for you... having sex without love is like drinking bad whiskey... i prefer not to drink at all. you don't know what a hallucinogenic is love...

autumnsphere said:
having sex without love is like drinking bad whiskey...
you are dead wrong there, i can assure you.

anyways, take a look at me thread friends...

:Spin:

Strangelight said:
How does that answer my question? Its a beautiful concept, but totally unrealistic. It takes time before you know you can completely trust someone. Sometimes years, sometimes never. Theres millions of people who are in love with people that they cant trust at all.

alrite, i think i agree with you on this point... but yet there are soulmates and there is magic you just can't explain... but yes, you have to eat a kilo of salt with someone before you can call him your friend.

Mariner said:
well i trust my girlfriend. but if she feels to misabuse my trust, well... then it is like that.
and i guess its the other way around, but people always say they never abuse someone. pathetic.

not that i am fooling people.... :erk: :tickled:
wow you have a girlfriend :D

I think we are too busy writing people off. I'm all for striving for perfection, but I think it's important to recognise the impossibility of reaching it. It's about intentions.

And writing off someone as a liar or whatever because they told a lie to keep you from harm or sth, or to feel someone is untrustworthy because they accidentally told someone sth once, you felt sort of betrayed your trust, is sad and wrong. There's no easy way about it, no blind distrust, nor trust.

Someone once told me that in forgiveness we recreate life, I think it's true, and in no way cheesy.

Very serious matters have been hinted at in this thread, don't take my words as a response to that, though I humbly suppose the betrayal of trust there, is probably the thing that hurts the most in the long run, thus "learning" to trust again, I guess, is of importance in recovering. My initial words were in response to all those being on about not trusting friends or girlfriends.

Sleepless nights make me Jimmy serious, sorry.

i think you're very right, allan!
i've been reading this thread several times, wanted to write my view on things, but couldn't find the right way of putting it . thanks for doing it for me :)

Yeah, Bastet, Allan always seems to have it right (for me at least) :eek:

Why punish all the people who are yet to come into your life because the one(s) you had before "betrayed" you? And who gives a fuck if they betrayed me? I don't depend on them any more.

Dhatura said:
Why punish all the people who are yet to come into your life because the one(s) you had before "betrayed" you? And who gives a fuck if they betrayed me? I don't depend on them any more.
Indeed, try to approach new ppl not with distrust, not with trust, but neutrally. And give them a chance to show what they're worth (in terms of trust). However, I think everybody is responsible for their own behavior. So if someone betrayes my trust and does not apologize when I confront him/her with it, I cannot forgive. Can you forgive without hearing an apology?

in dutch we have this saying: hij die zonder zonde is werpe de eerste steen
witch means : he who's never commited a sin can throw the first stone.

i always try to keep that in mind

I trust to my father and a few people that have prooved to be real friends to me... I've been hurt quite a lot of times because I realized that I trusted persons that I shouldn't... :( This has made me a bit more unsocial and insecure :erk: but I still trust people quite easily. I know that I'll get disappointed from people again but at the end of the day there are no hard feelings for anyone.:)

What I realized quite recently though, is that I was making a huge mistake for years. I thought that I could depend on people I trust. Now I know that I can only depend on myself and that trusting someone is very different than depending on them. If I can't stand on my own feet and help myself then noone else can help me, and after all they don't have to... Maybe it sounds pessimistic but it's true. And makes me feel stronger now... :)

Ad Infinitum... said:
What I realized quite recently though, is that I was making a huge mistake for years. I thought that I could depend on people I trust. Now I know that I can only depend on myself and that trusting someone is very different than depending on them. If I can't stand on my own feet and help myself then noone else can help me, and after all they don't have to... Maybe it sounds pessimistic but it's true. And makes me feel stronger now... :)

But I think that's natural, how could you expect anyone to help you stand on your feet without any reward? I also have my own interest in everything I do, I suppose that's the same with everyone else. For example, even if I had the means to give away large amounts of money, I'd do it for my own enjoyment of seeing them happy. Hm.