Who do you want for BAR Fest 2008?

Andre Matos! This guy's been responsible for some of the most amazing music in Angra and Shaman, and since he's just starting his solo career now, it seems like it would be a great time for a North America debut!

PLEASE!:worship: Matos:worship:

I have been giving a few suggestions sticking to the more Proggy stuff. I feel that i must throw out there some others that i think would be awesome additions to help balance out the lineup and bring in those power metal fans.

Thy Majesty - Their last two albums have been absolutely killer. I would love for this band to make their US debut right here at BARfest.

Angra - I know a ton of people were dissapointed with their drop out of BARfest '07, and I think they are the perfect Power Metal with that great touch of Proggressiveness.

Adagio - As someone said above these guys would be awesome! Even though personally i loved Dominate (not as much as the previous two but still it was pretty kickass), Although I can see what your saying Dave about them going darker. Still i think that they would be one of the best choices for next years fest.

Human Fortress - This band has two pretty sweet albums out and hopefully a third would be released before BARfest '08. They would fill the pure power metal role perfectly IMO.

Dragonland - As SharkBlack suggested above, these guys have a few great albums out and would be a cool addition to the lineup.

Well that's enough for today......see you all tommorrow for additional suggestions. :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

Please god no Loudness, they were so bad the last time they came to the bay area.

Anyways, Angra, Nocturnal Rites, Heed!, Sun Caged, Silent Force, Machine Men, the Dogma, Dionysus, Keldian, Cloudscape, Malpractice... just a few i can think of at the mo

Dragonland would definitely be cool to finally see live, but they have little to no drawing power. :(

That's what I'm talkin about... They'd rule!

I think if they were put in the line up and people actually found and listened to their music they'd be a draw... Especially if the dumb asses out there thought they were Dragonforce:lol:

I see some people interested in seeing Angra, but there's one Brazilian artist I would much rather see: Andre Matos! This guy's been responsible for some of the most amazing music in Angra and Shaman, and since he's just starting his solo career now, it seems like it would be a great time for a North America debut!

I'll second this; I've wanted to see Andre perform live for years and years, it'd be a major coup to be the festival that brings him to the US. Another band I've been dying to see in the US is Tarot.

I'd also love to see Lion's Share..or Artension/Vitalij Kuprij..or DGM..or Lana Lane..*peruses cd racks* I could go on and on..*g*

I'll second this; I've wanted to see Andre perform live for years and years, it'd be a major coup to be the festival that brings him to the US. Another band I've been dying to see in the US is Tarot.

A big +1 for Tarot! I seriously will die happy if I can see Andre perform just once. :(

Suspyre
Kamelot
Iced Earth
Echo's Of Eternity
Chris Caffery

I was going to suggest a couple of these ^ today. I was trying to suggest a couple each day to let them sink in a little as I shared my thoughts. I planned on suggesting Suspyre and Kamelot........no need for that now, though for the record I want to second all of the above sugestions (except EoE, have not heard enough from them to know if they would fit in at BARfest).

Along with these here are a couple more for the day:

Stride - I don't know if they are even a band anymore but if they are they seem like a perfect fit. Loved "Imagine" and I hope they are not done forever.

Twilightning - These guys are constantly requested by me on an internet radio station I listen to occasionally. Love their stuff from "Delirium Veil" and "Plague-House Puppet Show". Haven't heard their new one "Swinelords" yet.

And finally the impossible dream......:worship: Shadow Gallery :kickass: . Making this happen would be just beyond reality. Love all their stuff. BARfest is where they belong. I probably will never get to see them play live, but..........a guy's gotta have dreams as you all know. :cool:

I'm not saying it just because they're friends of mine but... Zandelle. Between the last CD and the new material that they're working on, I think they're finally ready to do some festivals.

It's time for their US Debut damn it! :worship:

Get them while their young, a band this talented is not going to be smaller potatoes for too long. They are playing Progpower Europe this year.
:kickass:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-9l8hBQeLzY

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_QlUoh-vStQ

www.thessera.com

http://www.myspace.com/thessera

I swear this is my last plug for Thessera... :lol:

I'm not too familiar with this band, YET, but i just heard a tune on the online prog. radio station that i have been listening to a ton lately (awesome variety and selection) and it kicked a ton of ass! :kickass: The tune was called 'Broken Psyches' and it was awesome. Maybe later after i get home from work i will request some more Thessera. From the couple tunes i have heard i'd have to say that they would be awesome. :kickass:

And for some reason i didn't even think to check out the array of links you supplied there........doing that now. Thanks Brett.