Who here has rack units in their guitar rig?

Thanks man! But...you have the GT-PRO's input knob set at zero??? Isn't you guitar connected there in 4CM...?

Yep. It turns out the "system" set input level was at 0dB (it's one of I think 2 or 3 settings that aren't just either -10 or +4, it can actually go from like -20 to +10 I think) and at 0 on the knob it was constantly peaking. (Another thing that is key on all of it is the meter that is at the very end of the gigantic system menu, has a meter for every in an out. Wish maybe they would have designed it so that wasn't so hidden, or emphasized that feature more than a little corner in the 160 page manual.....) So I just turned the "system" setting down to -10 and kept the knob at 0 at the input level. I might try lowering the setting even more and see if cranking the knob up will help anything, but I was pretty satisfied with it at that setting, and if it ever moves by accident 0 is a very easy spot to get back to. Along with full on for the output knob.

What all does your rig consist of?

Yep. It turns out the "system" set input level was at 0dB (it's one of I think 2 or 3 settings that aren't just either -10 or +4, it can actually go from like -20 to +10 I think) and at 0 on the knob it was constantly peaking. (Another thing that is key on all of it is the meter that is at the very end of the gigantic system menu, has a meter for every in an out. Wish maybe they would have designed it so that wasn't so hidden, or emphasized that feature more than a little corner in the 160 page manual.....) So I just turned the "system" setting down to -10 and kept the knob at 0 at the input level. I might try lowering the setting even more and see if cranking the knob up will help anything, but I was pretty satisfied with it at that setting, and if it ever moves by accident 0 is a very easy spot to get back to. Along with full on for the output knob.

What all does your rig consist of?

Thanks for the tip.

Here's my stuff

Korg Pitchblack - Maxon OD-820 Overdrive Pro - Zoom Ultra Fuzz UF-01 - Morley Bad Horsie - ISP Decimator - Laboga Mr. Hector (Mk. II) - Boss GT-Pro - Laboga Celestion V30 412B Premium

GT-PRO is controlled with Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro

I'd like to change to 4CM, and implement patches also with GT-PRO's preamps etc.

Thanks for the tip.

Here's my stuff

Korg Pitchblack - Maxon OD-820 Overdrive Pro - Zoom Ultra Fuzz UF-01 - Morley Bad Horsie - ISP Decimator - Laboga Mr. Hector (Mk. II) - Boss GT-Pro - Laboga Celestion V30 412B Premium

GT-PRO is controlled with Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro

I'd like to change to 4CM, and implement patches also with GT-PRO's preamps etc.

Seems like you should be able to just fine to me. Give it a shot. I haven't found any pre-amps on the pro that I find usable at all yet though, but I'm sure I'll have to teak the hell of them too.

I admit I'm a MIDI n00b - what are CC's, and what's their purpose?

CC stands for a continous control command, which you can use to enable/disable single effects within a patch, or use to set tap tempo for example. Switches, what are set to send CC commands can act as stomp boxes for different effects.

Seems like you should be able to just fine to me. Give it a shot. I haven't found any pre-amps on the pro that I find usable at all yet though, but I'm sure I'll have to teak the hell of them too.

Good! Thanks, man

My current Rig:

Digitech 2112 tube preamp
Peavey QF131 EQ
Peavey Classic 50/50 Tube Power Amp

All channel switching is done by a ADA MC-1 MIDI controller, All effects I use are built into the preamp. Alot of people say the Factory presets on the digitech 2101, 2112, and 2120 suck, and I agree, though if you actually try, you can get a pretty good sound quite easily out of the 2112. There are alot of settings to play with, so almost any tone is possible, and lots of effects to add on as well.

DSC01367.jpg

I had a rack with a 2x15 band EQ, TC electronics G-sharp and a tuner. Both the EQ and the G-sharp died for some reason so now I have this 4u rack case with just a behringer tuner :S

Holy fuck dude, do you really use that many different patches? (to necessitate a MIDI board that big I mean)

Like said, I use 10 of the knobs for switching the effects on/off and taptempo...

delay, wah, pitchshifter (whammy-like), phase 90, tap tempo, reverb, chorus, overdrive, flanger,...

with this set I use 5 presets, and the 10 CC's. I use this set with a head too, and then I use 5 different presets.

The axefx just has way to many possibilities.

Yep Phase 90 is it for effects. The leads tone on the Herbie is good enough, doesn't need any reverb or delay... The Phase 90 makes it sound like Lamb of God leads :)
OD820 out front. The ProRack G is for my rhythm/lead channels (in front and in loop) and the Decimator pedal is for my clean channel if needed or for lower gain on channel 2 just to shut it up...

So you use the Phase 90 in the FX loop? Ive heard it sounds like crap in the FX loop, but its a arse having to pedal dance. Is it any good back there?

Wow dude, I couldn't bear to solo without a delay, no matter how good the lead tone was! (and I'm pretty fond of my Rectifier's ;)) It's gotta have that echo to fill up the space (mainly so that if I miss a note, it's not so horribly obvious :D)

So you use the Phase 90 in the FX loop? Ive heard it sounds like crap in the FX loop, but its a arse having to pedal dance. Is it any good back there?

The reissue and modern one sounds like poo in the loop, but I forked over a few extra bucks for the original spec Script model, which for some reason sounds great in the loop... I think it may be line level instead of instrument level....

Wow dude, I couldn't bear to solo without a delay, no matter how good the lead tone was! (and I'm pretty fond of my Rectifier's ;)) It's gotta have that echo to fill up the space (mainly so that if I miss a note, it's not so horribly obvious :D)

Nah the Phase 90 on a low setting does the same thing pretty much. Recording I'll throw some delay in there, but live I have no need for it...

The reissue and modern one sounds like poo in the loop, but I forked over a few extra bucks for the original spec Script model, which for some reason sounds great in the loop... I think it may be line level instead of instrument level....

Ever tried the EVH signature in the FX loop?