Who is gonna see Star Wars Episode 2?

I don't really know if I wanna go see it. Episode 1 was not dissapointing, it was MISERABLE in my opinion. It wasn't completely miserable like "Street fighter" starring Van Damme (which is without a doubt the worst movie I've ever seen), but it was the worst movie I've ever seen in a movie theatre.
I've never really been a Star Wars fan anyway, so I didn't really look forward to Episode 1 either. It also seem to me that when the news about Episode 1 being made suddenly all the people around you had been Star Wars fans for the last 10 years, though you've never heard them speek about Star Wars before...:confused:

Episode One is bad, though mainly because of Gungans (not just Jar Jar but ALL of them), the pod race and the big battle scene (because of the damn gungans). Just compare the battle scenes of Ep. 1 and Empire Strikes Back...

So I don't have too much expectations for Episode II, but the trailer's I've seen have been encouraging (except for the tv-ad they show here, it looks more like a toy commercial). The movie seems to be more serious, not desperately trying to be funny, and also the Clones vs. Jedis promises a much better scene than the robots vs. assholes match of Ep. I. I just hope the movie would climax to Anakin turning to Darth and slashing Jar Jar's head open with the lightsaber, but something tells me that that's not going to happen. :D

And the answer to the topic: Me. I'm not waiting anything special, but I hope to be positively surprised.

I'd like to go see it, but i'm expecting nothing great. The original trilogy was revolutionary. In today's world, it's cliche and geeky most of the time, but that's only because it set the standard that has been endlessly emulated since. All in all, it's practically impossible for Lucas or anyone to make a film that captures the same spirit as the originals in today's world. Damn computer graphics for making Star Wars into such a childish charade.

The only thing that'd make Episode ][ great for me would be to see Darth Maul's upper torso return in an electric wheelchair to fight Obi Wan again. Something tells me that won't happen though.

There was a fella I was talking to the other day who said he already saw Episode 2, courtesy of downloading it off the net!
I dont to see a movie that way! I want to see it at a damn Theatre!The impact of the film is far greater when seen on the big screen!
And I cant wait to see Episode 2! I bought advanced tickets & I'm really looking forward to it! I liked "The Phantom Menace" even though it is rather corny & silly! But the saber fight between Darth Maul, Obi wan, & Quigon is one of the best fights scene ever in the Satr Wars saga! I have no doubt that episode 2 will destroy & surpass Phantom Menace!

There was a fella I was talking to the other day who said he already saw Episode 2, courtesy of downloading it off the net!
I dont to see a movie that way! I want to see it at a damn Theatre!The impact of the film is far greater when seen on the big screen!
And I cant wait to see Episode 2! I bought advanced tickets & I'm really looking forward to it! I liked "The Phantom Menace" even though it is rather corny & silly! But the saber fight between Darth Maul, Obi wan, & Quigon is one of the best fights scene ever in the Satr Wars saga! I have no doubt that episode 2 will destroy & surpass Phantom Menace!

"The only thing that'd make Episode ][ great for me would be to see Darth Maul's upper torso return in an electric wheelchair to fight Obi Wan again. Something tells me that won't happen though."
That would be pretty cool!!
As I think I said earlier I have never been a big Star Wars fan anyway. I have seen the first one (from '77) and maybe the two others, but they didn't make that big an impression on me, but that was also when I was little. The movies I recall from that period was the James Bond movies, the ones with Burt Reynolds where they were going to race a distance - the ones where Dean Martin & Sammy Davis Jr. also were in. There's also a series of danish films called "Olsen Banden" which means "The Olsen Gang" (Olsen is a common last name here) which is about a gang of 3 people who made robberies, but almost never succeded. To me they're the most classic films from the 70's. They started out in 1968 and ended the series in 1981 with a total of 13 films. A couple of years ago they made nr. 14, but that was lousy compared to the old ones.
:cry:

I've seen it and its awesome. I won't spoil it for you all...

The plot is a lot better (not dummed down for kiddies) and it has everything you could want from a star wars film, including a jedi army! There is the inevitable star wars cheese in places but its damn good!

I just came from movies (somehow there was still tickets for the first show left...) and Episode II was damn good. I strongly recommend it, IMO it's even better than Return of the Jedi (I never liked RotJ so much... too much fluffy furry things and the second death star idea is just stupid).

I must say though, they could lose a lot of the unnecessary cheese by cutting-out the pathetic attempts at amiable humour. I've not seen Episode ][ yet, but apparently there's a scene where Anakin does something naughty and foolhardy and Obi Wanka Nobby turns (to the camera? to a person next to him?) and says "I hate it when he does that".

I mean....cummon....If the original trilogy did without it...so could this one.

Ive seen the Trilogy a few times but after seeing Episode 1 Im definaly going to see Episode 2. I mean all of the Star Wars movies fucking rock!! This one will too!