Who is the youngest on this board?

Does age really mean anything?

yes. its how old you are. like it or not it means something. I mean sometimes you just dont take a 12 or 13 year old seriously because he hasnt had as much life experience yet, and yes that does matter. you cant say that a 40 year old, and a 15 year old are the same, there is no difference cause age is just a number. thats just stupid to say i think. :D

Bleed for Me is right: I "turned" fifteen in August, last year.

Jesus. No wonder i fight like crazy with you, Sullen Jester. 14?? man that's young, no offence!!

What's the bet that in a few years, you drop all the nu-metal and hardcore crap that you listen to...! You'll learn, but only in time.

:lol::lol::lol:

I guess you could say I have a.. wide.. musical preference :p

Nu-Metal?!?!
To me, nu-metal is Limp Bizkit and Stinkin' Fart, and that's it.

Then I find a lot of poo's (Kerrang!, Metal Hammer sometimes) calling a lot of metal bands, 'nu-metal'.

Pooey.

One Minute Silence - Available in All Colours (Or colors) is too brutal for nu-, and Buy Now...Saved Later is far too technical. As is Mudvayne - L.D. 50 (Kill, I Oughta was shit).

..What's wrong with Sepultura? They're one of the most inspiring bands I've heard!
Ugh!

And one thing (Kushan will kill me for this) - I DONT LIKE EMPEROR - PROMETHEUS!

Hahaha..well.. I've only heard Empty.. and it wasn't anything special to me.. :p

Cheers,
~Sven

:lol:

I shall, when I can be bothered too.

I can't be bothered to download it, you know, it's one of those thigns you need the quality of sound to listen to, or just forget it.

And I can't find the album anywhere. The shops around here are pooey!

You should really hear more of them Sullen Jester, they are very far fetched and very hard to get into, but once you do it is really amazing. I just recently "saw the light" of emperor, and they are up there with Opeth.
Also I am 15 at June 1, 1986

Yes! That's it! You were the one who was that was younger than me. I can't remember if there were any others.

Congratulations, you're the youngest person I know who listens to, understands and appreciates the technical ingeniunity that Opeth is!

Originally posted by Morningrise
You should really hear more of them Sullen Jester, they are very far fetched and very hard to get into, but once you do it is really amazing. I just recently "saw the light" of emperor, and they are up there with Opeth.
Also I am 15 at June 1, 1986

That's EXACTLY how it was with me...the first time I listened to them...they just sounded like noise...I couldn't hear the music.

But now I'm a changed man, and Prometheus is absolutely amazing. Followed By Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk. That's what I think.

(BTW, I'm 20):)

IX Equilibrium I most definately love, but Empty (I think it was Empty, anyway) I do not like. I honestly, do not like it. I've listened to it several times, it's good, but I just don't like it.

Maybe if I get the CD, and listen to it properly... ...meh...

I guess you could say I have a.. wide.. musical preference :p

Nu-Metal?!?!
To me, nu-metal is Limp Bizkit and Stinkin' Fart, and that's it.

Then I find a lot of poo's (Kerrang!, Metal Hammer sometimes) calling a lot of metal bands, 'nu-metal'.

Pooey.

One Minute Silence - Available in All Colours (Or colors) is too brutal for nu-, and Buy Now...Saved Later is far too technical. As is Mudvayne - L.D. 50 (Kill, I Oughta was shit).

..What's wrong with Sepultura? They're one of the most inspiring bands I've heard!
Ugh!

And one thing (Kushan will kill me for this) - I DONT LIKE EMPEROR - PROMETHEUS!

Hahaha..well.. I've only heard Empty.. and it wasn't anything special to me.. :p

Cheers,
~Sven

One Minute Silence ARE nu-metal, but they are closer to Rage Against the Machine than they are to Limp Bizkit. There is only a small margin between OMS and LB.

And No, OMS is not brutal. *shakes head*. They are Far from Brutal.

Mudvayne are 'Slipknot II'.

I know that i didn't mention Sepultura, but i will attack you for your comment anyway. :lol:

OLD sepultura is great, Beneath the Remains, Arise. Great albums. But anything released AFTER arise is crap, and is nu-metal, there is no two ways about it. Listen to 'Roots', and tell me that those 'guitar riffs' (scoff, scorn... snigger... laugh...!) can't ALSO be found on a Korn, Soulfly or Slipknot CD. Two fucking notes, repeated over and OVER and OVER.

But there is one thing i agree with you on, Emperor is terrible.

OMS are compared to RATM a lot.. political, rap-metal.. meh

The two albums I feel are more technical and heavier, more thought-out than any Limp Bizkit album. I don't see how such a product can be associated with "nu-metal", if "nu-metal" consists of Limp Bizkit and the like.

:lol: Sep..