Who wants a Nevermore Evolution ?

speed

Nov 19, 2001
Visit site
I was wondering who wants nevermore to evolve musically? I personally listen to a wide spectrum of music, and every style of metal , but i've noticed that the general trend for metal bands is to stick to their tired and used sound or style. I am borrowing this topic from a friend who pointed out that compositionally, most metal bands if anything regress, and they rarely try anything truly interesting. I know from POE, that nevermore has the necessary technical and musical talent, to evolve into a even more intersting band. In fact I read a interview with Warrel, in which he stated that POE proved to the band that they could accomplish aything they wanted musiccally. So I guess I wish to ask everyone, what styles would everyone like to see Nevermore infuse into their music? Should nevermore become more technical, more melodic, heavier, use a symphony, use keyboards, use odd instruments or strange arrangements?

STrange intrements would be interesting.

They have progressed IMO, even though DHIADW is not my fav, they have still went leaps and bounds. I dont think they will let their sound get stail.

They have definetly evolved with each release IMO. And I think that is one of the reasons all their albums are great. I don't have to hope for evolution because I know that they will evolve just as much as is necessary. To keep it fresh and interesting.

Trust in Nevermore. this is what makes listening to nevermore so great, they truly are visionaries as far as metal is concerned and i'm eager to see what they will do next. I'm sure they'll come up with something amazing. Also, i think thatt nevermore has evolved alot, no 2 of their albums sound exactly the same, so i leave it to them to decide where to go next

yes, I suppose I agree with all of you guys, but still I just think that nevermore needs to do more with their music. i guess I wasnt satisified with DHIADW( although I do find it to be a good album), and I wished they tried something different. I guess it comes down to the fact that I just love nevermore, and I dont want to hear another DHIADW when I know they could do so much better.

My back tickles, for some reason. (Fucking sunburns.)
I think this next one wil be as "pretty" as allllll the others. :)

Actually last time I checked Dead Heart sounded nothing like their earlier releases, they definitely evolved with each CD.. However, a symphony does sound like a cool idea...

The Nevermore news says the new album will be more spontaneous, I really dont like the sound of that, it sound as if they dont want to put too much time or thought into the album.