Who was your first? ;-)

Well I really don't remember my 1st concert, my dad used to take me to a lot when I was a kid. Probably some Canadian/Quebecoi (is this spelled correctly Rampy?) guitarrist. Maybe Philip Candelaria :headbang: .

Metal concert was Mägo de Oz on 2003 I think :p .

My first was DT, Devildriver, Opeth.

That was my second.

I really wish DevilDriver hadn't been there. The little "angry goth" kids with DevilDriver shits were throwing shit at Opeth and booing them, and the fat girl beside me stunk so badly, luckily she left after DevilDriver. D:

First gig ever for me was Mora Träsk at Vågen way back in 1989. I was four years old and it was the best day of my life.

I guess the first rocky shit I ever saw live (not knocking Mora Träsk, my gawd they kick ass) was Sator in like 1994 but that wasn't really my choice and I guess half of Sweden have seen Sator during that period. It's a bit like visiting the Roskilde-festival and seeing D-A-D (yet again, not knocking them - I'm sleeping my day away, tralala). But it doesn't count.

So I guess I'm gonna say what Siren said. Way back in 2002 and that Dark-band.

Stains over Europe the tour was called I believe? Means that Griffin would be the first real metal band I ever saw live. They were, eh, traditional. Then Sinergy, with Alexi Laiho and so on. I remember that he broke two strings on two guitars during the first two songs and he had to play Roope's backup guitar for the rest of the gig. It was a bit like watching someone skate with only one foot on the ice. I still find it very amusing to recall that whenever someone rates him as like, "omg the beehehehest guitarist of his generation totally!!1121".

Dark Tranquillity were great that night. The venue (Musikens Hus) they played at is very limited, in fact it's pretty shitty but in a good, old school way. It's a place with tradition, meaning and crappy lighting. A clear candidate to visit for all you freaky metal tourists out there. It was a very _red_ gig. Stanne's presence on stage was amazing, the intensity was mindblowing and those songs that you knew by heart came to life in front of you. Never did get to know who the fuck that guy in the back screaming "SLAYER!!" all the time was and it's still a mystery how he manages to visit every metal gig in this wide world, cause there's a Slayer-guy at every gig right? I remember that I was totally broke at the time and had to borrow money from a friend (thanks Anders) so I could buy the ticket, so obviously I couldn't buy any merch but on my way home I managed to tear down a tour poster with that night's date on it. It's still up on the wall here as a memory of a very intense experience and left me all bubbly for a couple of days. That gig was followed by a period when I saw pretty much every gig in this town for like 3 years, then going more selective and now pretty much not going to any concerts at all.

The sad thing about when concerts become an everyday thing (well almost anyway) is that you tend to forget how to take it all in. It's hard to take the input and you filter things behind really infantile details that's just a reminder of how narrow minded this scene can be. Sure David Vincent looks like a total fruit in that fucking t-shirt but who cares, he's back you know? And sure it's laughable looking at the kids who wait in line for hours outside a venue that's not sold out anyway only to, once they open the doors, run to the very edge of the stage and stand in the front line through the opening acts and two hours later start the moshing. But it's what it's all about imo, letting the music take you somewhere. Most gigs in this town are such a bore these days since most of the kids grew up and became a part of that misantropic row in the back, standing around with their arms crossed, trying way to hard to look cool.

Dark Tranquillity were great that night. The venue (Musikens Hus) they played at is very limited, in fact it's pretty shitty but in a good, old school way.
This gig was on the 4th of December, right? By the way, Musikens Hus is a great venue! Kåren remains my favorite though, I wonder what happened to it. Most gigs in Gothenburg these days are either at Lisebergshallen or Trädgårn.

Metal Town 2003

Edit, so I'm not an unfunny dick (like usual): The Y100 Feastival, December 2002. The band list was Seether opening (they sucked, still easily the worst live band I've ever had the mispleasure of listening to), Queens of the Stone Age (almost my intro to the band, I love them much more now than I did then. Still, its sick for me to be able to say I've seen them before), Zwan (Billy Corgan's shitty live band - they mostly sucked), New Found Glory (they were pretty good, and I liked them at the time), Good Charlotte (same as before, remember I was 13 and I didn't get into metal for almost a year later), and Coldplay headlined (they were pretty good as well, nothing amazing).

Not my favorite show of all time, but it was a good time nonetheless.

This gig was on the 4th of December, right? By the way, Musikens Hus is a great venue! Kåren remains my favorite though, I wonder what happened to it. Most gigs in Gothenburg these days are either at Lisebergshallen or Trädgårn.

4th is correct.

I really like MH but it's as I wrote earlier, very limited. I wouldn't wanna see an established act there if you know what I mean. Nice odds to get a lil handclap if you're in the front row though. It's got it's place in the hierarchy but it's hardly the place you wanna go back to if you've been somewhere. I doubt Paul Di'Anno was impressed for instance. I doubt Musikens Hus was impressed by Di'Anno when he was there anyway. I've heard the bootleg and; Oh. my. gawd.

Trädgårn is sort of the new Kåren, yeah. I think they people who run the place, the student organization y'know, for some reason decided that they'd keep it to themselves and the arrangers went sort of "well, fuck off then". Kåren got kind of sucky once they closed the balcony section anyway. Guess they were afraid that someone would take the liberty to throw shit at the gear and so on. Plus that the stage is way to low at that place. But as I always said; If you haven't been at Kåren and left the place soaking wet of sweat, you're so not tru3.

My fav is Blå Fågeln close to Frölunda Torg btw. It's such a hilarious place. A freaking gymhall ffs. Even worse than Meeths. But At The Gates, Opeth and a bunch of other (now) well known bands all played there when they were struggling to find their fourth chord. I think it's all changed now though, haven't been there for like 3-4 years now. Retro retro.

I really like MH but it's as I wrote earlier, very limited. I wouldn't wanna see an established act there if you know what I mean. Nice odds to get a lil handclap if you're in the front row though. It's got it's place in the hierarchy but it's hardly the place you wanna go back to if you've been somewhere. I doubt Paul Di'Anno was impressed for instance. I doubt Musikens Hus was impressed by Di'Anno when he was there anyway. I've heard the bootleg and; Oh. my. gawd.
Well, those are actually the venues I prefer. You get close with the band rather than being 500 meters away from a 20-meter stage for only 45 minutes, like Wacken for example.

Trädgårn is sort of the new Kåren, yeah. I think they people who run the place, the student organization y'know, for some reason decided that they'd keep it to themselves and the arrangers went sort of "well, fuck off then". Kåren got kind of sucky once they closed the balcony section anyway. Guess they were afraid that someone would take the liberty to throw shit at the gear and so on. Plus that the stage is way to low at that place. But as I always said; If you haven't been at Kåren and left the place soaking wet of sweat, you're so not tru3.
Trv3? That's me all over. No, seriously, I always thought that the stage height is totally normal. There's a balcony section in almost every venue around though, what a lame reason.

My fav is Blå Fågeln close to Frölunda Torg btw. It's such a hilarious place. A freaking gymhall ffs. Even worse than Meeths. But At The Gates, Opeth and a bunch of other (now) well known bands all played there when they were struggling to find their fourth chord. I think it's all changed now though, haven't been there for like 3-4 years now. Retro retro.
Never been there I'm afraid. Actually, there are many other pretty cool venues in Gothenburg like Henriksberg (even smaller than MH), Sticky Fingers, Scandinavium, Heden, and Röda Sten to name a few.

Clad in Shadows: It would be bad to see In Flames playing at MH on their next tour, if you know what I mean. It be very "oh my what went wrong here".

But hey, great idea: Metal Tourist Traveling Agency Inc. Think sightseeing, meet n greet and "hemma hos".

I'll drive the bus, you be the guide? Special prices for all the DT-forum members, except Rahvin. (fight the power)