Who would you have in your band, if you could recrute anyone?

buzzardbutt

I am...Madcheese!
Jan 31, 2007
dallas tx
It's like this, If you had the skills that could twist steel and were holding auditions, who would you choose?
I can't submit an answer yet but I will later.:headbang:

Since I don't play shit (or sing) I can't have a band, but since this pure fantasy behold:

Vocals: Alice Cooper
Guitar: Ritchie Blackmore
Bass/backing vocals: Lemmy
Drums/percussion: Brian Downey
Keyboards: Rick Wakeman

Roadie: Me :D

Vocals - Ray Alder
Lead/Rhythm Guitar - Josh Christian
Lead/Rhythm Guitar - Dave Mustaine
Bass Guitar - Steve DiGiorgio
Drums - Mike Portnoy

VOCALS-Rob Halford
Rob, to me, is the definitive, quintessential voice of heavy metal, and is the frontman for the definitive, quintessential heavy metal BAND. Funny how that works. Rob's voice embodies everything that is METAL: loud, bombastic, over the top, menacing, screeching, snarling, just......FUCKING AWESOME! This man can do it ALL and with a style and brilliance that very few other vocalists, if any can come close to. Rob Halford is indded, and always will be THE METAL GOD!

RHYTHM GUITAR-Tony Iommi
Tony is a riff MACHINE! Theriffs and melodies this man can churn out are in a word...MINDBLOWING! "Iron Man"? "Paranoid"? "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath"? "Sweet Leaf"? "Symptom of the Universe"? "Into the Void"? "The Thrill of it All"? "Heaven and Hell"? "Country Girl"?"Zero the Hero"? "Black Moon"? You get the picture. He's a riff monster. Not only that, but thanks to losing all of his finger tips, he CREATED the heavy metal sound! LONG LIVE TONY IOMMI!!!

LEAD GUITAR-Ritchie Blackmore
The man who pioneered the neo-classical guitar style, a style that has been copied a million times over and has saturated the metal genre ever since. But see, Ritchie PIONEERED IT, and still does it better. Ritchie still has what most of these types of players have lost: FEELING. You can feel every note he plays. Also, even though he's best known for fusing classical music with rock/metal guitar in Deep Purple and Rainbow, his style will always be unique in that he combines that style with a bluesy vibe as well. The man is a god and will never be duplicated.

BASS-Steve Harris
As everyone who knows me knows, i am, was and always will be a Judas Priest man. I will always take them over Iron Maiden any day of the week, i'm not saying i dislike Maiden, I do like them very much, but Priest.....well, Priest just rules! Anyway, even I can admit, STEVE HARRIS RULES! His galloping bass lines? TO! DIE! FOR! He has an uncanny sense of melody that i haven't seen in a bassist before or after him.

DRUMS- Neil Peart
GREATEST. DRUMMER. EVER. His sense of rhytm is PERFECT, his coordination is that of a God's, his sense of timing is immaculate. There is no drummer better than him, not to me. He's the be all, end all.

KEYBOARDS- Jon Lord
The man behind quite possibly the heaviest keyboard/organ sound EVER. And the melodies this man comes up with is mind blowing! In a word......AWESOME!!

1) Vox - Jeff Scott Soto
2) Drums - Terry Bozzio
3) Guitar1 - Mattias IA Eklundh
4) Guitar2 - Steve Vai
5) Bass - John Myung
6) Keys - Jens Johannson(sp?)

J-Dubya

vox- Mike Maximus (Circus Maximus)
guitar- Steve Smyth (Nevermore)
guitar 2- Cede Dupont (Symphorce)
bass- Steve Harris (Iron Maiden)
drums- Pat Mastellotto (King Crimson)
keys- Rickard Zander (Evergrey)

should give my band a nice mix... and aren't you all surprised I didn't pick a Scorpions player?:lol:

should give my band a nice mix... and aren't you all surprised I didn't pick a Scorpions player?:lol:

I am! :err:

Cool call on Pat, still I like Bruford more :D

@WC: I was about to make a line-up like yours but I thought I was being too obvious for Old School
42.gif

NP: Zoser Mez - 'Desert Of Deception'

Vocals: John Cyriis (Agent Steel)
Lead Guitar: Chris Poland (From the Megadeth days)
Rythm Guitar: Myself!
Bass: Steve Harris (Iron Maiden)
Drums: Scot Columbus (Manowar)

vox- Mike Maximus (Circus Maximus)
guitar- Steve Smyth (Nevermore)
guitar 2- Cede Dupont (Symphorce)
bass- Steve Harris (Iron Maiden)
drums- Pat Mastellotto (King Crimson)
keys- Rickard Zander (Evergrey)

Woah, King Crimson! I havent seen that name in a while

vocals - Tough decision. I'll go with a guy I don't usually pick on these threads, though he is certainly worthy..... Russell Allen. I would love to hear this guy in a band that has some serious oooomph !!

guitar - Wolf Hoffmann. Great tone, great riffs, great songwriting, great solos.... most well-rounded guitarist ever.

guitar - Jorn Viggo Lofstat. Great style that makes him standout among great players of today.

bass - Francis Bucholz - Totally underrated player. Uncanny ability to both "hold down the bottom" and play great walks and fills at the same time.

drums - (tough one here) Michael Cartellone. Saw this guy live playing for Skynyrd. He is a magician.

keyboard - Gunther werno. There is not a close second. He absolutely owns the greatest tones and patches there is.

Bryant

I knew you would approve. Having said that, throw "Savage Amusement" in the player, and turn up the bass. Buchholz tears it up on that one. Great player.

Bryant

Had the pleasure of meeting him at the Uli Jon Roth Sky shows. I'm hoping he'll be back this year....I didn't get a picture :saint:

Old school eh! OK here we go............

Vocals........ME.
Bass..........ME.
Rhythm Guitar.ME.
Lead Guitar...ME.
Keyboards.....ME.
Drums.........Someone-else!