Whoever posted circus maximus a year ago...

IceDragonX

Schiavo Della Notte
Feb 17, 2003
Visit site
The line up is totally kicking ass so far. I remember some one presented Circus Maximus and another band a year ago or something...so I have Circus Maximus's mp3s for about a year now. I remember Circus Maximus having a really heavily distinct symphony x sound and the mp3 on their site is not the same two MP3s I have on my hard drive right now "Glory of the Empire" and another song they made. I think the other band was stone something (they did a really cool version of Deep Purple's "Fireball")...cant remember the name for the life of me.

But however was the one who posted a link to these bands a year ago. Thanks a lot! :) Now Im not as lost like a lot of bands on last years roster. LOL.

They sounds like a lighter version of early Balance of Power to me. Thats only going off that one song so far.

Bear

I think they're going to surprise alot of people, the three mp3's I heard have all been quite good.

HOWEVER...

Having a band without an album play in the number two spot? That boggles my mind.

Manticora has three albums (none of which I own, mind you) and they're opening. Circus Maximus (with one CD out by the time Progpower roles around) will go on afterwards.

Anyway, I think they'll put on a good show based on the mp3's and nothing else.

Bear,

There is an 18 minute track that is going to blow your mind. I chose a lighter, more melodic one on purpose to balance the type of mp3s listed so far.

Glenn H.

YtseJammer said:
HOWEVER...

Having a band without an album play in the number two spot? That boggles my mind.

You missed my explanation in the main thread. I schedule not just by seniority, but to balance the overall schedule in terms of prog vs power vs whatever in certain slots. I wanted Manticora to get the energry going in the opening slot. Traditionally, prog bands have faired much better in #2 slots (think Dreamscape, Threshold, etc).

There is always a method to my madness, even if folks don't like the method.

Glenn H.

wow didnt know my comment would cause this. LOL. I like them, I really like their track "Glory of the empire" but I dont know if they will even bother playing that song at PP. we will have to see. The stuff I heard is heavily symphony xish in all manners.

IceDragonX said:
wow didnt know my comment would cause this. LOL. I like them, I really like their track "Glory of the empire" but I dont know if they will even bother playing that song at PP. we will have to see. The stuff I heard is heavily symphony xish in all manners.

Oh they will play it won't they Glenn? :heh:

IceDragonX said:
I think the other band was stone something (they did a really cool version of Deep Purple's "Fireball")...cant remember the name for the life of me.

Ahh yes, that would be MIRRORSTONE, and yes, their demo RULED. Cant wait for a full release from them =)

I think it's awesome that Circus Maximus got a record deal and a spot at PP.

It just seems kind of odd, seeing as they have no albums. o_O

Still, congrats to the guys... can't wait for the debut album.

personally, to me the Circus Maximus is the best band commttid so far. Straovarious!! Oh brother I've only heard about 30 bands doin that bit, (and a lot of them better).

Um, www.circusmaximussite.com

There are some more there. My favorite is "Imperial Destruction", which is a mindblowing prog-metal rocker. "Glory To The Empire" is great too... has a Dream Theater vibe without being wanky.

EDIT: Uh, the songs appear to be gone. o_O Well, they WERE there once upon a time. :D