Who's Better Than Michael Romeo???

Yngvai X said:
IMO, the shredder with the best sense of balance (and ability to make shred musical) was Jason Becker.

I think I would have to agree with you on most days.

Imagine the dominion he would have if not for that Goddamned ALS.

I think he pretty much recorded his guitar stuff over a span of 5 years, starting at age 17, and look at how awesome that was. Just imagine what could have been. Well, I still have faith that someday he will play again if he has already lived this long, unbelieveable!

:worship:

Jason Becker is god!

Hail HAIL!!! the genius, Revenge Drama.
And who the fuck are you Revenge drama? Some enlightened god or something, you cant "school" or "educate" yourself to know everything. fuck, your a bloody wanker mate,

I wonder what "perfect" responce and big-words he has to say now.

Uhm... My guess is that RD is a troll looking to provoke us, a favourite pastime for assholes...

jhon petrucci,dimebag darrell,yngwie
and alot more but he is still a sweet guitar player

Gary Moore, biyatches! That guy is the epitome of emotional playing! Just check out the solo on Still Got The Blues and you'll see/hear what I mean.

RequiemX said:
Excuse me? You think JP beats MR? Ha!

I still can't get over how he thinks Michael Angelo is a better guitarist than Michael Romeo!

Michael Angelo makes me laugh! He's fast as hell but his solos are crap! I went to his site and listened to about every clip he had there and there was only 1 lead he did that I thought was any good at all. It was more of a jazzy/funk sort of rythm (Eric Johnson type) and he actually put a decent lead over it. But his super fast shredding stuff is awful! Just plain awful! There is no feeling at all in his leads! He just rehashes scales and arpeggios as fast as he can with no care as to the rythm he's playing over.

Michael Romeo is my favorite guitarist because he is not only technically gifted, but he also writes the majority of the music for my favorite band (SyX, of course). He may not be the best in any 1 catagory, but he's overall the best guitarist I've encountered.

the_satanic_rabbit said:
Here Here!

Michael Denner (King Diamond, Mercyful Fate) was never fast at all. And Andy LaRocque and the other guys were always doing these ripping solos and he'd be the slower one, but I tell you...the final solo on The Black Horsemen (last track on Abigail) is one of the best, most emotional solos ever. The best guitarists are the ones who have balance. And the true center of that balance is dependent on the listener.

I love the guitar work Denner and LaRocque did on Abigail! I especially love the lead in "The family ghost" where Larocque does the slow lead before they do the harmony shred. There is so much feeling in that one which, like you said, was kind of uncharacteristic of his soloing being the shredder he is. But those guys could do some serious rythm crunching as well! I absolutely love that album! I've never heard anything from the King since that compares. The production on that album was absolutely perfect for the songs! (IMO)

Harp Heaven said:
Cool! I know Jarle very well, we`ve been friends for the past two years or so. I went down to Bergen to play with him when I was 16 or so... Fun jam-sessions, watched a lot of videos. After that we`ve kept in touch. Very gifted guy technically, and an excellent transcriber as well.

Yeah! I`ll probably see the live show at the Lost Weekend Festval in August :headbang: ! And his vide collecton is unbeliavable, he has EVERYTHING! Includind two Symx live videos, live in Montreal on the V tour being one of them. I`m gonna ask him how much money he wants for one of them(it`s no use for me to trade with him since he already have everything i`ve got)!

scanner313 said:
I love the guitar work Denner and LaRocque did on Abigail! I especially love the lead in "The family ghost" where Larocque does the slow lead before they do the harmony shred. There is so much feeling in that one which, like you said, was kind of uncharacteristic of his soloing being the shredder he is. But those guys could do some serious rythm crunching as well! I absolutely love that album! I've never heard anything from the King since that compares. The production on that album was absolutely perfect for the songs! (IMO)

I love all the albums... I don't think I have a true favorite, it varies. A lot of people don't like his newer stuff at all, but I think it's all brilliant, and the next album will be coming out later this year! He's got Mike Wead opposite LaRocque now, more of a neo-classical guy, and he's really good, the best he's had since Pete Blakk. KD rules!

:devil:

My Favorites goes like this:
1 - Yngwie Malmsteen
2 - Michael Romeo
3 - Joe Satriani
4 - Shawn Lane
5 - The Guy From Angra
6 - Gambale
7 - The Guy From Sun Caged
8 - Victor Smolksi (From Rage)
9 - Steve Vai
10 - Petrucci

Other considerations
Michael Angelo
Richie Kotsen
Paul Gilbert
Jake E Lee
Chris Impelliterri
Vito Bratta (ex White Lion)

For me, Shawn Lane is the absolute epitome of guitar playing. His skill is unsurpassed and he can make great music. It's a shame more people don't know about him. But as many have said, it's hard to say someone is "better" than someone else.

The Yngster said:
But the fact that you think you have perfected every aspect of music shows that you are too stubborn and arrogant to even bother argueing with, so I'm done with you.
My friend, please don't get angry. This boards seems to be awfully choleric.

The only FACT is that I have went beyond music and seen what it is. Therefore I now have better understanding of it than any of the cum rapists who post to this board.
ElPredicador said:
and mr revenge drama, please take a look at my signature, and see if you get identified with it
Aren't you a regular Socrates! Keep up the good work, champ!
Mr. Shred-ididle said:
And who the fuck are you Revenge drama? Some enlightened god or something, you cant "school" or "educate" yourself to know everything. fuck, your a bloody wanker mate,
Enlightened: indeed
God: define god

Seems like your idea of education is quite limited, yes?
Harp Heaven said:
Uhm... My guess is that RD is a troll looking to provoke us, a favourite pastime for assholes...
I expected something like this. When there are things that normal people can't apprehend, they usually turn hostile.

That is what you just did, assdweller.

Topical: John McLaughlin

*Weeps* Damn damn damn... That was awful... :erk: I just heard some demos of that F.Fareri guy... *Starts crying again*

------
And after listening to these three demos on F.F's site, there's one SX related quote I'd like to share:
"Ooh, mother will you help me
Mother will you help me
To find a reason to go on"

- R.I.P