Who's seen In Flames live? If so, how many times, when and where?

I Saw them for the first time back in September in Corpus Christi. it was a three hour drive, but totally worth it. They played at fairly large venue, but only about three hundred people showed up. It was pretty amazing, people were screaming for songs from TJR and Whoracle, (though I don't recall IF playing any.) lots of stuff from clayman and come clarity, my two favorite albums... I will definitely be seeing them again!

I Saw them for the first time back in September in Corpus Christi. it was a three hour drive, but totally worth it. They played at fairly large venue, but only about three hundred people showed up. It was pretty amazing, people were screaming for songs from TJR and Whoracle, (though I don't recall IF playing any.) lots of stuff from clayman and come clarity, my two favorite albums... I will definitely be seeing them again!

Maybe if Jesper was there they would have been able to bust out some old stuff, but it was a show with the other guy (cant remember his name) so he probably doesnt know alot of stuff not on the set.

Just saw them properly for the first time two nights ago in Newcastle UK

saw them play Pinball Map so i'm happy with the show, though would have been nice if Jesper was there and their tone was a little heavier...

Hello everyone. first time posting in the IF forum.

Ive seen in flames 3 times.

First time it sucked, they had a 25 minute set at ozzfest and the seats were empty because everyone was watching rob zombie :rolleyes:

I saw them last Gigantour and it was alright, i was hoping for more old songs.

And most recently i saw them at the 9:30 club. Where i have an awesome story. Ill just leave these right here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone. first time posting in the IF forum.

Ive seen in flames 3 times.

First time it sucked, they had a 25 minute set at ozzfest and the seats were empty because everyone was watching rob zombie :rolleyes:

I saw them last Gigantour and it was alright, i was hoping for more old songs.

And most recently i saw them at the 9:30 club. Where i have an awesome story. Ill just leave these right here.
Tell the story :p

It was a Video story.

But yes the sound quality was pretty poor. Though at least there is some video of the show. The In Flames ultimate fan club dude supposedly also took video but he said i'd have to sign up to the fan club and maybe it will be there. Which i though was kinda BS

There were a couple of pictures my friend took with his iphone as well.

If you want the written version here it goes.

That day a couple of friends and I (we work at a college radio station) interviewed Anders Friden. One of my main questions was what kind of crowd interaction would we see, in terms of pointing the mic towards the crowd, handing the mic off. Anders responded that he works with the crowd in whatever way the crowd reacts. So if he sees a really good crowd reaction he would definitely interact more. Well i told him i would be up front singing every word.

Later that night at the show during the song Pinball Map Anders passed a friend and I the microphone during the chorus (captured by the pinball map!) By that point i was satisfied, i thought to myself, fuck yeah Anders passed me the mic! But it was not over yet! A couple of songs later the song Square Nothing starts up. Anders started off the first 4 lines and saw me singing along. As the video shows he asks, "Do you know this one?" I can barely contain myself and smile and nod. He beckons me to come on stage. In the video you can see the security guards trying to help me on stage but by the time they move im already halfway up. The next 4 lines i totally choked on, i was overwhelmed by seeing the massive crowd in front of me. As soon as the guitars kicked in i had my confidence and dove right into the lyrics. While i know i did not do a perfect job i know i enjoyed myself.

After the end of the first video Anders comes up on stage and hands me a beer. Unfortunately i am 19 and with the obvious X's on my hands could not drink it. So i just held on to it and gave it to a security guy when i got off stage. After the song ended i walked over and shook Bjorns hand and he said "Bet you didnt expect this". I replied "fuck no, this was amazing thank you". Anders came up and began to bow (IM NOT WORTHY).

I walked off stage with a handfull of Bjorns picks and a massive grin on my face.

I watch those videos almost every day haha.

It was a Video story.

But yes the sound quality was pretty poor. Though at least there is some video of the show. The In Flames ultimate fan club dude supposedly also took video but he said i'd have to sign up to the fan club and maybe it will be there. Which i though was kinda BS

There were a couple of pictures my friend took with his iphone as well.

If you want the written version here it goes.

That day a couple of friends and I (we work at a college radio station) interviewed Anders Friden. One of my main questions was what kind of crowd interaction would we see, in terms of pointing the mic towards the crowd, handing the mic off. Anders responded that he works with the crowd in whatever way the crowd reacts. So if he sees a really good crowd reaction he would definitely interact more. Well i told him i would be up front singing every word.

Later that night at the show during the song Pinball Map Anders passed a friend and I the microphone during the chorus (captured by the pinball map!) By that point i was satisfied, i thought to myself, fuck yeah Anders passed me the mic! But it was not over yet! A couple of songs later the song Square Nothing starts up. Anders started off the first 4 lines and saw me singing along. As the video shows he asks, "Do you know this one?" I can barely contain myself and smile and nod. He beckons me to come on stage. In the video you can see the security guards trying to help me on stage but by the time they move im already halfway up. The next 4 lines i totally choked on, i was overwhelmed by seeing the massive crowd in front of me. As soon as the guitars kicked in i had my confidence and dove right into the lyrics. While i know i did not do a perfect job i know i enjoyed myself.

After the end of the first video Anders comes up on stage and hands me a beer. Unfortunately i am 19 and with the obvious X's on my hands could not drink it. So i just held on to it and gave it to a security guy when i got off stage. After the song ended i walked over and shook Bjorns hand and he said "Bet you didnt expect this". I replied "fuck no, this was amazing thank you". Anders came up and began to bow (IM NOT WORTHY).

I walked off stage with a handfull of Bjorns picks and a massive grin on my face.

I watch those videos almost every day haha.
Dude that is AWESOME! That just shows how fucking genuinely nice IF is to their fans, really nice of them to do that kinda stuff to us!
The fan(s) probably will remember the day as one of their best days of their life.
Anders came up and began to bow (IM NOT WORTHY).
Haha I like that part :D

I've seen them 3 times:

-5-April-2006. Madrid, La Riviera. On tour with Sepultura; 3rd band, Dagoba.
-15-October-2008. Madrid, La Riviera. With Gojira and Sonic Syndicate.
-20-June-2009. Bilbao, Kobetasonic Festival.

Seen them three times:

Donington Park 2008: My first time seeing them, having missed them on Gigantour, I'd been waiting nearly 2 years for a chance, so it meant a hell of a lot to me. You can see my enthusiasm on some of the videos from that show where I'm the only one jumping like a nutcase :p. Great performance and a decent setlist as well, got Graveland and Only For The Weak which has become a live rarity over the past few years so I'm glad I heard it.

Glasgow Barrowlands 2008: Seeing my favourite band in my favourite venue with my best mate, (the guy who introduced me to the band) doing an actual headlining set was without doubt one of the best concert experiences I've ever had. The setlist was AMAZING, we got Zombie Inc. Insipid 2000, the first ever live performance of Satellites and Astronauts and the first playings of Dead God In Me and The Jester Race in at least 10 years so to be witness to that was a huge privilege as a fan. I had tears in my eyes during TJR as a I roared along in full voice. The atmosphere was excellent and with the barrowlands curved ceiling and pinewood floor, the acoustics were superb

Glasgow Academy 2009:In Flames had a disappointingly short set at this gig, but still managed to fit in some awesome surprises like Embody The Invisible, Artifacts and March To The Shore, which has to be the track off of ASOP closest to classic In Flames, it's got some meaty growls. I'm claustrophobic, but like at the previous concert, I clawed my way down to the front and battled through the set to jump, headbang and sing as much as I possibly could. After the gig, I'd the privilege of meeting the band and Anders' first words to me were "I saw you down the front, man, singing every word. Every word!" I got a hug too, felt like they really appreciated my fandom and were working their socks off to do their best for the audience. When I had to leave and catch my train, Bjorn and Peter formed a human wall in front of me and were like "You can't leave us, man!" was truely touched, what a bunch of musicians and what a group of heroes! Roll on the next time!

I also had tickets for Oxford 2009, but that was part of the UK tour which fell through. Shame, it would have been in small venues and had a headlining set, so god knows what surprises would have been in store.

never have seen them yet ... i want to seem them when they drop by DTE agine .. and if i get the money .. ever one that went there that i know said it was awsome

I saw them on back to back nights, (My 1st and 2nd concerts ever) in August of 2002 at Roseland in NYC. They played with Slayer and Soulfly and were great both times.

Rockperry 2008.. the trip was a nightmare.. the gig, well most of the time I didn't know what song they were playing.