Who's seen In Flames live? If so, how many times, when and where?

nickel

MDM Addict
Aug 12, 2007
Vancouver, BC
nickrobillard.ca
Well I'm new here and I figure this will get me started. The In Flames live experience is simply amazing - anyone who hasn't seen them should put it at the top of their to do list. :)

I've seen In Flames twice live now - both times in Toronto, Canada.

1. Headline tour with Trivium and others in Feb 2006 at the Koolhaus. This was really my first EVER metal show and I was a little overwhelmed I admit. I kinda blame the sound guys on this one - others who went agreed that it was hard to hear the technical stuff.

2. Come Clarity tour with Lacuna Coil also at Koolhaus. This show made me the fan I am today. I admit the new stuff didn't sound that great live AND they were missing Björn BUT the older stuff like Only For the Weak sounded awesome.

Looks like we're in for another tour next year and I can't fucking wait... :headbang:

1999 - /w CoB, Arch Enemy, Dark Tranquillity \m/ (Colony Tour, amazing)
2003 - at Summer Breeze Festival (R2R, amazing)
2004 - at Rock Im Park Festival (STYE, ok)
2005 - at Rock Im Park Festival (STYE, ok)

I don't remember more, but I'm not that interested anymore because of the bad live sound - very much bass, little guitars.

# Slayer, In Flames, Children Of Bodom, Lamb Of God (16/11 2006) [Hovet, Stockholm]
# In Flames, Sepultura (17/3 2006) [Arenan, Stockholm]
# In Flames, Devildriver, Caliban (18/4 2004) [Arenan, Stockholm]
# In Flames, Soilwork, Pain (2/11 2002) [Arenan, Stockholm]
# In Flames, Dark Tranquility (1999) [Grand, Uppsala]

I loved the first 2 shows, third was good, then i got quite tired of them. The sound was amazing on the R2R-tour, dont think i have ever heard a liveshow sound so close to album-quality. I agree with Dead Eternity about the base, after the R2R-tour it doesnt sound as good live.

Saw em once back in '02 in Nyc...

Unearth, Soilwork and Chimaira played..

I thought soilwork were better...but in flames sounded tight. I've had no interest in seeing them these days...Just because after 2002 they blew up like crazy and after soundtrack they dont play small arenas, and if you want to see in flames now you gotta go to those big stupid places where the sound is all echoey. No thanks...ill see in flames again when they play a small venue that fits a couple hundred...not thousands.......

Saw them live in Mexico city twice (COLONY, then Clayman era), and last year at Grasspop.

The first one during the COLONY tour was pretty amazing they still used to have the force with them:headbang: , the CLAYMAN tour was shitty, the GRASSPOP show was OK and the sound was fucking good, lots of "PUNCH" there and the performance was flawless, but the setlist was terrible with the oldest song being only for the weak, what a weak fucking song !!! and why the fuck did they play :puke: "come clarity" worst fucking song ever !!!

I agree with you guys not being so excited about seeing them live again I think festivals are ok to see them but going to an IN FLAMES concert doesn't sound like fun anymore.:Smug:

and if you want to see in flames now you gotta go to those big stupid places where the sound is all echoey. No thanks...ill see in flames again when they play a small venue that fits a couple hundred...not thousands.......

I hear you there. The Koolhaus in Toronto has a max cap of 2500 but there were maybe 1500 at the shows. It's a medium sized place and has decent acoustics. After going to a few shows in 20000 seater arenas, I will be very hesitant to go back to those huge venues - they just don't cut it and are hardly worth the time.

I have seen them a few years back...or was it only one year back? It was with them headlining...although I had to tolerate the pure awfulness (if that's a word) of Trivium. By far....their albums are bad and their live performance are horrible.

Nevertheless, In Flames was really good! Although i'm not a big fan of their new work, the concert was amazing!

I saw them at the Unholy Alliance tour (Slayer, COB, LOG, thine eyes bleed) and they werent bad, the sound was quited good, a bit too much bass, but my main problem was that they only played one old song, from the jester race, all the rest of the material was new stuff, which wasnt bad, it just isnt as good as their older stuff

Iced Earth / In Flames / Jag Panzer (Clayman)
Mudvayne / In Flames (Reroute to Remain)
In Flames / Soilwork / Chimaira / Unearth (Reroute to Remain)
Ozzfest 2005

2004 with Killswitch Engage/As I lay Dying(Philly)
2005 Ozzfest(New Jersey)
2005 with Shadows Fall, Trivium, Mudvayne(California)
2006 with Trivium, Zao, Devildriver(Philly)
2006 with Cannibal Corpse(Pittsburgh)
2006 SOTU(New Jersey)
2006 with Lacuna Coil, The Sword and Seemless(Philly)
2006 with Lacuna Coil, The Sword and Seemless(New Jersey)

I might be missing some

Right Before reroute was released in Tulsa okalhoma was the first.Great show. They only played two reroute songs. Everything else was oldschool.

One Year later in Ok City opening for Mudvayne. Only thrity minute slot. that was the only reason I went.

The next week after that at a small club in Arkansas wher I got to stand on stage all night with Peter and Jesper because I was the smallest guy up front and was getting smashed. It rocked.

and then Ozzfest two years ago.

I've seen them 11 times. See if I can remember everything...

In Flames / Moonspell '99
In Flames / Nevermore / Shadows Fall '99
In Flames / Iced Earth '02
In Flames / Mudvayne '02
In Flames / Slayer / Soulfly '02
In Flames / Dark Tranquillity / Killswitch Engage / Sentenced '02
In Flames / Chimaira / Soilwork / Unearth '03
In Flames / Killswitch Engage / As I Lay Dying '04
In Flames in L.A. '04 (Special STYE show)
In Flames / Trivium / Devildriver '06
In Flames / Nevermore / Evergrey '06

I THINK thats accurate.

I've seen them 11 times. See if I can remember everything...

In Flames / Moonspell '99
In Flames / Nevermore / Shadows Fall '99In Flames / Iced Earth '02
In Flames / Mudvayne '02
In Flames / Slayer / Soulfly '02
In Flames / Dark Tranquillity / Killswitch Engage / Sentenced '02
In Flames / Chimaira / Soilwork / Unearth '03
In Flames / Killswitch Engage / As I Lay Dying '04
In Flames in L.A. '04 (Special STYE show)
In Flames / Trivium / Devildriver '06
In Flames / Nevermore / Evergrey '06

I THINK thats accurate.

:cry:

Yeah, those were all good. Especially the earlier shows from '99. There were songs in those sets that probably won't ever be in an In Flames setlist ever again.

But Iced Earth / In Flames was really good, because not only are they two of my favorite bands, but Barlow was still with IE. I only got to see IE with Barlow once, and I'll never forget it.

And the show with Dark Tranquillity and Sentenced was also killer. In Flames was alright that time, but Sentenced stands out the most for me. I'm really happy I got to see them before they called it a day.

6 times

99 with Dark Tranquillity, Stockholm
00 with Dark Tranquillity, Stockholm
01 at Wacken?
02 with Pain, Stockholm
05 with Iron Maiden, Gothenburg
05 with Judas Priest, Stockholm