Who's the best female singer?

Anneke from The Gathering, Cristina from Lacuna Coil, and that chick from that nu-metal band Evanescence.

Just listen to their song My Immortal. Trust me.

I'm listening to Cryptopsy people...I have Zyklon in my avatar, and my name is thrashmetal78. In other words, I listen to every type of metal imagineable...so I'm no poser. Trust me on this one. This song is so sad, and her voice will make you fucking weep like a little girl.

Females can sing but when you hear them sing it's like nails on a chalk board (for the most part), which doesn't really bother me but I think you get the picture

Brent said:
What about Liv Kristine from Theatre of Tragedy? She has a great voice as well.
Yes, especially AEGIS album.

Cristinia Scabia??????????
She is hot no doubt but vocal skills are average at best, lets get real here.

I would like Lacuna a lot more if they would just ditch the silly male vocals altogether. :lol:

Never heard of Provenance. I'll have to check that out. But I'm a big fan of female vox. It adds nice a nice melodic tone to metal without getting cheesy (usually). And my fav is Anneke from The Gathering.

thrashmetal78 said:
Anneke from The Gathering, Cristina from Lacuna Coil, and that chick from that nu-metal band Evanescence.

Just listen to their song My Immortal. Trust me.

I'm listening to Cryptopsy people...I have Zyklon in my avatar, and my name is thrashmetal78. In other words, I listen to every type of metal imagineable...so I'm no poser. Trust me on this one. This song is so sad, and her voice will make you fucking weep like a little girl.

If you like the girl from Evanescence just say it. You don't have to right a fucking paragraph proving how "metal" you are. Just like her and if somebody gives you shit who cares. Just dont' right a paragraph trying to prove to everyone that you like metal even though you like Evanescence.

I like Evanescence. See no paragraph after that. I don't give a shit what people think.

You just typed a paragraph about something that doesn't even pertain to you.

The point I was trying to drive home was, although you missed it by a fucking mile, that I like a lot of the same music that most people here listen to, and I thought they would be less inclined to blow me off when I mentioned that I liked Evanescence as well as all the rest of our metal.

But thank you for replying to this post. It's people like you that I was talking about, and that the post was actually about. People like you are the ones that everyone else dismisses. You're dismissed.

dragonlord2 said:
floor jansen is the best female singer

I agree, and she convinced me with her performance on Star One's Live on Earth, when she sings Valley of the Queens ...... wow, breathtaking, she has such a beautiful voice.

Pure vocal prowess would be Amy Lee from Evanescence. I don't really consider them metal though they do have one song (the hit song) that is nu-metal style. She has an outstanding voice.

Doro Pesch has a nice voice
Christina from Lacuna Coil also has a nice voice.
I have to agree with the poster that put stevie Knicks in as well. Stevie may be my favorite female vocalist. Ann Wilson and Sade are also non0-metal favorites.

Bryant