whos the best shred artist?

the end solo in 'time traveller' again is another mockery, sounds like a piano but its not, also being able to play normal right handed, playing with fingering hand inversed and playing amibidextrous takes a hell of a lot of practice especially he cold play at the same speed amibidextrous. Also van halen - eruption is another example of lightning fast licks

yngwie
without him we wouldnt have shred
~gR~

Check This Out. Shawn Lane..Black Oak Arkansas 1979 16 years old.
Yngwie who?????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTRMuXCUw6k

:kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

...and during this time Eddie Van Halen was getting all the attention (credit) and to some of the younger members on the forum who don't know Black Oak Arkansas,one time OZZY and Whitesnake drummer Tommy Aldrige played for them and vocalist Jim Dandy was David Lee Roth before David Lee Roth. Listen to his introduction at the end of Shawn's solo.

Wow way to raise a 4 year old topic. (Why?)

Michael Angelo Batio is the best/fastest/most technical shredder there is by far anyways.

Because when you start a new thread someone tells you that there was already a thread about said topc. COOL? Oh and Shawn Lane SMOKES!

I thought I would share that with some people who knew nothing about this kid and instead of wasting space I did the proper thing....a thread search. Have a nice day....:kickass:

PSYCHO PETRUCCI EXERCISES 1-10
if anyone has never seen them
go to you tube, type it in, and laugh
anyone know how to post youtube vid's on here??
ill try to find the video and post it.

GEORGE BELLAS - check george out: massively talented, awesome songs & production. my fav shredder

michael angelo - wot can you say? will probably never be equalled

theo zirus

joe stump

jason becker

rusty cooley

fancescho fareri

german schauss

tom kopyto

conrad simon

malmsteen

michael romeo

paul gilbert

hess

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I can't belive only two people said Jason Becker! Blasphemy! Becker is probably one of the bet in my opinion. Yngwie is an obvious choice too. And I rather enjoy Michael and Christopher Amott. Also, Alexi is very good too and the guitarist in All that Remains. Metalcore, yes but they can seriously shred.

I can't belive only two people said Jason Becker! Blasphemy! Becker is probably one of the bet in my opinion.

Jason Becker is one of the most gifted guitarists of all time. It's quite surprising that he doesn't get mentioned more often.

Yeah, it's a damn shame what happened to him though. I am glad he still composes though. I really hate how really horrible guitarist like Dimebag Darrell have legions of fans while Becker who is a true musician through and through and an insanely brave guy only has a bunch of guitar geeks as fans. It really angers me. Becker, Luca Turilli (Rhapsody of Fire), Amott, Schuldiner and Van Halen (Love his style) are my five favorite guitarist and half the people I talk guitar tech have no who they are. It really angers me.

Yeah, it's a damn shame what happened to him though. I am glad he still composes though. I really hate how really horrible guitarist like Dimebag Darrell have legions of fans while Becker who is a true musician through and through and an insanely brave guy only has a bunch of guitar geeks as fans. It really angers me. Becker, Luca Turilli (Rhapsody of Fire), Amott, Schuldiner and Van Halen (Love his style) are my five favorite guitarist and half the people I talk guitar tech have no who they are. It really angers me.

dimebag was not a horrible guitarist, kurt cobain was a horrible guitarist. Dime was a well above average metal guitarist, although obviously no comparison to anybody like becker

Thats what I mean. I just really hate how kids get pissed off at me and call me a poser when I say things like Dimebag was not really a guitar god. Also, I hate it when people think Dean Razorbacks are the best guitar you can get out there. People are just stupid. Dimebag was good and very interesting playing wise but compared to Jason Becker, he is a guitar n00b.