Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Secret Sphere

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • Symphony X

Votes: 54 41.2%
  • Vanden Plas

Votes: 12 9.2%

• Total voters
Symphony X and Evergrey for me...we'll leave it at that...!!

Bear and Mark...I KNEW I liked hanging out with you guys for a reason ;)

I went with Symphony X. This will be my 5th time seeing them, and I swear they get better with every show. Evergrey was right there though...and I think I'm gonna be really impressed with Redemption, and Rage, and Mercenary...hehe
Should be quite a kickass show! :headbang:

Alicia

It really is a great line up. Sure, there aren't as many HUGE name bands as last year but after doing my share of research I am finding myself more pumped this year than I was for PPIII even. :Spin:

Well you've got the number one Vanden Plas fanboy here and there is no substitute, but SX is a great band too and I am really, really, really digging Redemption. That band is going to make some waves at the show.

Bryant

Bryant said:
Well you've got the number one Vanden Plas fanboy here and there is no substitute

Hey man, I'm a huge Vanden Plas fanboy, too! I've never met anyone else who was a VP fanboy. There's just no competition when it comes to Vanden Plas, but Symphony X, Evergrey, and Nightwish are great bands, too.

arglebargle said:
Hey man, I'm a huge Vanden Plas fanboy, too! I've never met anyone else who was a VP fanboy. There's just no competition when it comes to Vanden Plas, but Symphony X, Evergrey, and Nightwish are great bands, too.

I love SX since they made a change from neo-classical to prog. Russell Allen is tough to beat as a vocalist but Romeo has a very dry and dull tone though he is a great technician. Evergrey is a very unique band and I can easily understand their popularity, but for some reason they just don't "hit" me. Nightwish is ok, but they don't have much power in their music. I want to hear the new singer of edemption, because they might just turn some heads. They have a good sound and might just pull off a great opening for PPIV like BOP did at PP2.
I downloaded "Down" from Rage and I immediately thought "man this singer sucks" but after a few listens I thought it rocked. That song has a cool Accept vibe to it and even has the gang vocals in it. If their other material on that CD is similar, I think I'll dig those guys. I like to hear some cool oldschoolish metal. There isn't really enough of it to go around.

Bryant

i am going to this show because of nightwish. i would have paid the same price or more just to see them. i guess i'm new to this music scene, so i'm not as familiar with the other bands, but i've heard of symphony x, and i'm gonna try to download some of their songs before the show comes around. any suggestions?

Really hard for me..as I have seen Evergrey twice and SymphonyX 3 times and loved all their shows...however......for me....the one reason I am traveling to Atlanta come hell or high water is....

VANDEN FREAKING PLAS!!!!!!!!

The are on a short list of bands I really gotta see play live.

Coldie

VANDEN FREAKING PLAS!!!!!!!!

The are on a short list of bands I really gotta see play live.

Hell yeah !! They seem to be slowly moving up as well. They were at 7% when I voted. Of course Redemption has made their way on my "short list" as well. My CD just shipped out today. I can't wait to hear it.

Bryant