Why are there no squeaks in the second Windowpane solo on Roundhouse Tapes?

If I've understood the question correctly, then those "squeaks" are pretty much exclusive to acoustic guitars, which is why they're not on the live version which is electric only.

its just string noise from the friction between fingers and....strings? often undesired as it can be distracting if transitions are numerous,letting your fingertips soak in warm water,and drying off before playing is a good way to minimize this sound if need be.

they are not exclusive to acoustics,as electrics can be eq'd to make this sound very loud if need be

:err:

Jack Frober is said to be composing an album entirely of these sounds,if anyone can make it work it would be him.

If I've understood the question correctly, then those "squeaks" are pretty much exclusive to acoustic guitars, which is why they're not on the live version which is electric only.

1. both electric and acoustic guitars, as far as i know, have strings, so both can make this noise

2. the studio version of windowpane uses electric guitars in that part, not acoustic

so as you can see, you are really quite wrong on more than one level. go read a book or something

The string squeaks sound natural, more 'live' than chopping up pre-recorded wave forms.

It is hard to play something perfect all the time with a click the way Mikael does, more so the genius that is him.

Electric guitars can make squeak noises if the strings are brand new, older strings not so much.

The first minute of Death Whispered a Lullaby is full of electric guitar (clean) squeaks.