Why Are You Here?

MetalManCPA

Papa Opeth
May 19, 2001
Visit site
Is Opeth Your Favorite Band?
Is This Your Favorite Internet Messageboard?
Just Cruising By?
No Reason?

Opeth IS my favorite band, and this IS my favorite messageboard.

Ditto what metalmancpa said. And this is the only place that I can come to debate with some people I actually respect. And it gives me a chance to vent all the continuous thoughts swimming in my head. :loco: I love it. I'm addicted. I can't wait to get back home to my computer every day. And I no longer care if that's lame cause it makes me happy.

love your threads metalmancpa!

Opeth is my favorite band.

I have found that this board is

1) Opeth exhaustive

2) Musically edifying (for the lack of a better word)-- I've come to know about a lot of bands through this board and talk about a lot of bands and music through this board.

3) This board is funny and fun (I can be silly here and expect people to be silly back --> :loco: ) Simply put, it can be damn entertaining at times.

4) This board is intellectually stimulating to the extreme. I have never been to a board more full of people my age and interests and culture who were so intelligent.

Not only is Opeth my favorite band, but UM has my top 3 favorite bands that I listen to the most Dan Swano, Vintersorg, and of course Opeth. Everyone is really nice here, and I am addicted to coming home and immediately turning on the comp and looking throughout the forums while having my daily root beer :)

While not an Opeth fan (I mostly post in the Nevermore forum), I find this board has the most interesting discussions, so I stop by from time to time. Don't confuse my not being a fan with a lack of respect. Opeth are definitely a great band, musically; I just haven't been able to get over the vocals. UM definitely has the best metal boards on the web; hopefully all metal bands will join in.

Opeth is my favorite band (along with Pink Floyd) and the people in this forum are so much more pleasing to talk to than in other forums. The intelligence displayed in this forum is much more thought-provoking than in other forums, and I can always come here for a good laugh. Love you all, keep on :headbang:.

I am here because:
1/I love Opeth
2/I love this board
3/This board is the most intelligent around
4/You guys rule!!! :cool:
5/I am addicted = ) Now the UM forums eat up most of the time I am online :loco: and I totally enjoy this :hotjump:
Cheeeeers!! Skål!!! prost!!! whatever :D

This board is by far the best one I have visited. Unlike many other metal boards, this is not filled with tacking on to stupid genre-boundaries and is full of intelligent people and discussions, which is something very rarely seen, comparing to nigh all the other boards (even though UM seems to have rather good boards in addition to this one.) Additionally, Opeth is a truly remarkable band and their fans seem to have a remarkable conviction to the band and their music. It's a way different sense of unity than among, for instance, metal fans in general. I would have to be testimonial to that and exclaim that this place, you, we, rule! So, to give an answer to the initial question, I would have to say that Opeth is my fave band alongside with Black Sabbath and Arcturus, and that this board is the sole interesting board I have ever come across on the 'net. And had I found other good ones this would still be number one!

Opeth is my absulute favorite band ever and I usually don't chat or do forum but for some reason I just Love the shit out of this place eveyone is really cool no one has gotten really pissed off about someone opinion and everyone always has a good subject.
talk to you later:)

at first there was dark tranquillity webpage
then i explored their forum
when i got familiar with the people around, i started to post more
someday i realized that i post too much and i have to wait quite long for the answers to appear on the board
then i went to opeth forum, 'cos they got the most posts :D
(in fact i know only one song from them, but if a friend of mine remembers i will be able to listen to a whole cd.)
and now i find myself checking the forum more often than my mail accounts... the reasons must be what you said above. all here are very polite, intellectual, and behave with integrity and discretion. i like that a lot.

-Cuz Opeth rulez!
-Cuz I figured most ppl who like Opeth, will have something interesting to say.

:lol:
well there is a lot of demographic data to be obtained....however so many graphix are starting to remind me school....and i didnt quit school to graduate as a DT book keeper....maybe villian did :D

Yes, Opeth is by far my favorite band.

I suppose the reason above all others why I come here is because I feel that I have a lot in common with many of the folks here (most definately not all, though) especially in terms of musical taste, but as well as philosophical, religious, and moral beliefs. I have a feeling that if we all could find as large of a number of interesting people in our personal lives there would be far fewer members on this forum. I go for the music-related threads the most but I often enjoy the intellectually stimulating debates too (I rarely participate much in the debates due to a lack of time and patience.)