Why Are You Here?

amen to all that!

i used to be opposed to non band related posting and now its like i make tons of pointless posts. it makes the visits to the board a lot more fun! i mean, one of the main priorities is discussing music of course, but when we are free to discuss random ideas and have stupid polls and things, a lot of personality is added to the board. everyone here is great!
and i totally appreciate you all for exposing me to a lot of great bands! some of which are your own bands, which blows my mind!

:loco:

and although i listen to opeth more, katatonia is my favorite band without a doubt.

Everyone has summed up my thoughts. This is the best forum anywhere on the net, musically or not. It keeps me entertained and informed about things from all walks of life...and there's Opeth, too. :p The people here are great, and this is my escape from the 'real' world. I can come here and type whatever I am feeling without being ridiculed or unappreciated. It's like I know that people here with pay attention to what I am saying and take the time to respond and give feedback even if they don't agree totally with what I am saying. Like today... I was talking to a guy at school, and he just started looking at the ground and initiated a conversation with another girl. It just kind of hurt me like I was unimportant and my thoughts/opinions didn't matter. I don't have to worry about that here.

NP: Demon of the Fall

I second that, Demonspell.

This is the only place that i can actually be out-thought, and it's the only place that i can have a serious thought-opinion-arguament with people about.

Opeth rules. That is why I am here. Also, the discussions here are pretty interesting. Opeth is my current favorite band. But... not my favorite band of all time. That honor belongs to Pink Floyd. There are a few other bands that I like more than Opeth but I will not mention them because I wil get pummeled. Unless... you want me to?

I was not really involved in forums before I stumbled upon this one. And the first thing that hooked me was the 'do you believe in god' threadopotamus. When I saw the general intelligence level and the freedom of topics here, I decided to stay. For me it's not like I want to talk only about Opeth (even if they're one of my favourite bands), it's more like I want to talk with other people who appreciate Opeth, about everything. It would suck if this forum would start to be moderated and narrowed down only to band discussions, like the Anathema forum. Not really original or different from all the reasons posted above, but it's the truth.

D Mullholand
---------------------------
NP: The 3rd & the Mortal - In This Room

Well, let's see...

Orchid, Hearse, Lina, Satori, EVIL, Xtokalon, Duvall, Soul Forlorn, Jo, luke, MMCPA (his threads do rule, this is another good one), Demonspell, winter-frost, Soul4Raziel, Sadistik, foxdvd, TyrantOfFlames, Lee_B, Wolff, brightoffski, Opet, ante, godisanathiest (KEEP THAT NICK!), Evisceratrix, Oyo, Dune_666, Trapped, Protoss, warsofwinter, Till Fjalls, Protocol, Johan, Villain, Windom, svenske kocken (BORK BORK BORK!), Alucard, MountainDweller, Nevyn, Confessor, rogue27, Onan, Melancholia, Ihsahn, Splump...

Shall I keep going?

The first 10 or 20 or so of you especially are the reason I put off endless creative projects, lose sleep, and spend far too much time on the internet to keep coming here. Thanks for the endless banter, jokes, conversations, discussions, and debates. I've laughed, I've cried, it's become a part of me (heh, sorry, just had to).

It's actually quite interesting, in and of itself, the interactions and the subtle group dynamic that's often noticeable.

I came here because I just had to find somebody, anybody, who appreciates Opeth like I do. In my reality...I know of no Opeth fans, and it is frustrating...but then, how many 39 year olds listen to Opeth? (rhetorical)

1) Opeth is my favourite band. (Alongside TooL)

2) This is THE best forum I've ever been on. There are rarely any juvenile posts, about how "Gay Band X is."

We're all intelligent, insightful people with a lot of heart. We support our bands firmly and staunchly (neologism?).

And we're all so damn cute.

I'm gonna hafta start coming here more. I took a lil vacation and never got back into the groove. Every time I get all baked I try to write a post and then give up halfway, because they're so rambly.. You'll see more of me now. Lucky ducks.

:rolleyes: This is so EASY! I just read what everyone posted and it's like Demonspell put it really. Opeth reached a place in my mind that no other band has and I went where their followers went online and BOOM. Here all you are. You're all so damn interesting and it's a place I come to feel like I'm not alone...in the world. No one I know in my life thinks as closely as I do as some of you have shown. That's very comforting.

THANKS GUYS! :)

Originally posted by Opet
:rolleyes: This is so EASY! I just read what everyone posted and it's like Demonspell put it really. Opeth reached a place in my mind that no other band has and I went where their followers went online and BOOM. Here all you are. You're all so damn interesting and it's a place I come to feel like I'm not alone...in the world. No one I know in my life thinks as closely as I do as some of you have shown. That's very comforting.

THANKS GUYS! :)

Very well put - there is a connection here, and it's not threatening. You always hear those horrible internet stories, but I don't feel that here. We speak (type) intelligently (well, most of the time:D ), and any challenges are purely intellectual. And we have chased some of those "others" away. I don't think anyone from the rest of the internet boards would last here, because you first have to understand the connection before you're a part of it.

:cry: I love you, man. All of you. A new family. Never saw this coming, and now I don't want it to go away. [I really do feel this way, and on this board, it's not a corny statement]

Originally posted by Lutz
Okay i'm willing to try. Just tell me thier best album and ill see if i like it. :)

Bad question - because you'll get all 5 albums listed depending on who answers. Blackwater Park, their new one, is the easiest to get. That would be my choice for you. And personally, it's my favorite (to date, anyways)