Why Are You Here?

Opeth's not my favorite band, but I like them a lot. This place seems interesting and the people are cool .. but I'm new to here so what do I know? I got sick of one other band's .. let's not say which ones' .. board, so I kind of moved to here.
I wouldn't say this is my favorite board.. because I don't really have one ( except my own message board ;) )...... but maybe with time I will learn to know you guys and this will become my favorite board. :)

I inhabit a bunch of the UM boards, Opeth happens to be one of them (one of the better ones too). Oddly, noone here sucks. Things may get heated sometimes, but noone sets out to deliberately (sp?) flame anyone else (99% of the time). And the lack of moderation here is great, I had (before I came here) been getting totally sick of threads getting deleted on other forums just because someone had asked "Hey, what's up?". Then the forum masters would tell people the 'official company line' when there were complaints.

And I get to talk about metal AND any other weird shit that happens to come along. Cool. :cool:

Most of all I enjoy witnessing people's reactions like what Lutz just demonstrated, those ecstatic newcomers. :D It seems to get only worse with time though!

Happy hunting with the CD's. I remember the feeling.

And the lack of moderation here is great, I had (before I came here) been getting totally sick of threads getting deleted on other forums just because someone had asked "Hey, what's up?". Then the forum masters would tell people the 'official company line' when there were complaints.

Yeah, its cool in here.