Why do people hate COB?

Well the only thing people seem to focus on is the god damn vocals. If you're not some metal dude, then there is no fuckin way you can notice how melodic the songs are. People often turn it off when they hear the vocals. While I'm able to get passed that shit and concentrate on the actual music.

That's the essence of the whole thing.

Altough I do remember when hearing FTR the first time I thought it sounded like smurf metal because of the referably high-pitchy thing going on in the soundworld.

Yea, some people just can't get over vocals in certain bands. Never been a problem for this guy.

I for one would love to be able to buy all my cd's again, minus all vocal tracks, just music. That would make me a very happy person.

It's that a fan of metal genre focuses more on the music and thus sees nothing special about rap musically, while a rap guy only cares to say "crappy vocals" about COB. I wish they could realize the good things in other genres, and not just say "this is bad." Like what is bad, the music? "...oh well they do play alright." It doesn't matter tho, some people are simple and can't analyze.

and all fans of metal hate rap because they just can't appreciate anything else besides double bass drums and heavy distorted guitars ... :rolleyes:

I generalized that rappers have a different perspective to music cos they have more limited understanding of instruments etc than metalists.
It's just wrong that metal like COB is publicly known of its unclear vocal style instead of the instrumental skill. But then again even the music divides to three, 1) the thrashy riffing which many consider raping of instruments, 2) the melodies which most of people seem to actually like a lot when they give a listen, and 3) the solos. When I was 14 I thought solos in COB for example were just a fast high-pitched part in the music and didn't understand the point, until I grasped a Casio keyboard and played my first notes.

And all metal heads have small dicks and pussies with devil tattoos

Well, Im sure most metal musicians dont know hot a make a good hip hop song . And you can easily say its because a lot of them knows only how to shred. The art of hiphop is choosing the right samples for the right song and arranging them in a suitable way. So, the drum and bass is programmed usually, who the fuck cares.

Ah yes, sorry, how can I be this STUPID. :yell: Of course it takes more skill to make a backing track for a rap song! You need to have like a ten year old nigga spitting inside his fist and all. The best rap song I ever heard was that Killamusic dude who put Children Of Decadence playing in the background and talked German. Or the one with Silent Hill theme melody in the background... I have nothing against rap at all if it's done well and not by stealing others' works. 90% of them are this studio gangsta rich family boy with no creativity trying to be cool but failing.

^ the fact that you said smth like that shows you know nothing about hip hop as a music.

You dont think cob 'steal' stuff from previous musicians? Their own riffs, yeah right :lol: Most metal bands steal music too and 99% of them are shitty copies of the original metal bands with nothing interesting to add or innovate. theres 1% that are actually good, just like with hip hop.
Arranging other pieces of music into your own song is a skill in and of itself. You realise that hiphop is largely similar to jazz in that sense? iIdont see any difference in using someone's lick and putting a twist on it, and using a sample of someones music and fitting it to your hip hop song.

Bone, Thugs & Harmony.....greatest rap muzic of all time, becuase they spit hot fire like it's nobodyz bizznitz.

^ the fact that you said smth like that shows you know nothing about hip hop as a music.
like hip hop.
You dont think cob 'steal' stuff from previous musicians? Their own riffs, yeah right :lol: Most metal bands steal music too and 99% of them are shitty copies of the original metal bands with nothing interesting to add or innovate. theres 1% that are actually good, just like with hip hop.
Arranging other pieces of music into your own song is a skill in and of itself. You realise that hiphop is largely similar to jazz in that sense? iIdont see any difference in using someone's lick and putting a twist on it, and using a sample of someones music and fitting it to your hip hop song.

+1

I'm sick of metalheads who feel that metal is superior form of music just it because it requires instruments. Don't get me wrong, I like metal music, but you can't disregard other forms of music for a absurd and unjustified reason. The difficulty of composing music in general is very similar for every genre(except maybe classical). It's just as easy to compose a shitty metal song as it is to compose a shitty rap song.

I'm sick of metalheads who feel that metal is superior form of music just it because it requires instruments.

I've always felt, it's just the younger "metalfags" who think, that if you like metal you HAVE TO hate hiphop. I don't have much of an opinion on rap-music myself, because I haven't really listened to it much.

But I'd also want to add, that most hardcore rap/jazz/whatever-fans too seem to think, that other genres suck, not just metalfags.

EDIT: From an empirical point of view, I'd say jazz-people are the most intolerant, when it comes to "which genre is superior/requires most talent"-arguments. Myself, I think any kind of "this genre is superior and this genre requires more talent, than any other"-stuff is extremely retarded. Any style of music can be made in a simple way and in a hard way, sure some jazz requires more talent than Transilvanian Hunger, and Brain Drill might require more talent than some jazz, and so on. And of course it's completely subjective what you mean by "talent", I myself think, that making good "lo-fi" black metal takes a lot more talent than to make music like Necrophagist. Of course all this should be completely obvious for anyone with ability to think, so I wonder why I'm even typing this.

No genre is superior, you have good and bad music in all of them, but I like to generalize that the mainstream lyric-ridden pop music and rap is less educative than getting acclimatized with something like extreme metal with flashy solos which can eventually expand your understanding of music... altough usually you need to either play an instrument yourself at some point or watch others play it, cos listening alone is not enough to understand.

And yes, anyone who can make a good COB cover up on youtube certainly has the understanding to make a backing track for a rap song, most of them probably even a better one than average. I wouldn't say many rappers could cover say a COB drum cover. I'm not attacking rap now, just sayin'. Rap is a fun thing to have, just not something I'd usually call music.

No genre is superior, you have good and bad music in all of them, but I like to generalize that the mainstream lyric-ridden pop music and rap is less educative than getting acclimatized with something like extreme metal with flashy solos which can eventually expand your understanding of music... altough usually you need to either play an instrument yourself at some point or watch others play it, cos listening alone is not enough to understand.

And yes, anyone who can make a good COB cover up on youtube certainly has the understanding to make a backing track for a rap song, most of them probably even a better one than average. I wouldn't say many rappers could cover say a COB drum cover. I'm not attacking rap now, just sayin'. Rap is a fun thing to have, just not something I'd usually call music.

You're expressing your own opinion here. Yet you 're explaining that stuff like its straight from the metal bible.
Especially the part where you go ''everyone who playz them coverz on utübe can make rap tracks''. That's bullshit, there's a lot experience/knowledge required if you're making (IMO) good "electronical" (not just hip hop) music.

^ true, I was thinking about writting something on my own and I sort of tried Reason but its too complicated for me :(

but I like to generalize that the mainstream lyric-ridden pop music and rap is less educative than getting acclimatized with something like extreme metal with flashy solos which can eventually expand your understanding of music...

How can ''understanding flashy solos'' can make you understand music more? If so, all cob fanboys on this board shouldnt act so stupid when it comes to music. Give me some REAL reasons why hio hop music is not a music (not 'ohhh everyone that listens to it doesnt understand' blah blah bullshit.) when it comes right down to it, subtlety, complexity and all that shit make absolutely no difference. Your insinuation of pop/hip hop is nonsensical, when you get right down to it, cob don't make art ''educative'' music either - they make commercial music too, they just don't sell as well

The problem with computer music is it requires a computer nerd rather than a musical genious. It's definitely as difficult as learning to play an instrument, but unfair as it allows composions beyond imagination orchestrated merely by clicking the mouse.

That's how exactly they make the tracks nowdays. Using already made tones and putting them together to create tracks. It ain't hard, but it only requires some creativity to make it sound alright. That's how it goes. You don't really have to sit down and learn pentatonic scales, sweeps and all that sorta shit. Not saying that all metal tracks require all that, but for rap you really don't need to invest all this time to learn an instrument.