Why do people hate COB?

It's not all about the instruments however. I don't appreciate Mozart because he could play piano.

I've always felt, it's just the younger "metalfags" who think, that if you like metal you HAVE TO hate hiphop. I don't have much of an opinion on rap-music myself, because I haven't really listened to it much.

But I'd also want to add, that most hardcore rap/jazz/whatever-fans too seem to think, that other genres suck, not just metalfags.

EDIT: From an empirical point of view, I'd say jazz-people are the most intolerant, when it comes to "which genre is superior/requires most talent"-arguments. Myself, I think any kind of "this genre is superior and this genre requires more talent, than any other"-stuff is extremely retarded. Any style of music can be made in a simple way and in a hard way, sure some jazz requires more talent than Transilvanian Hunger, and Brain Drill might require more talent than some jazz, and so on. And of course it's completely subjective what you mean by "talent", I myself think, that making good "lo-fi" black metal takes a lot more talent than to make music like Necrophagist. Of course all this should be completely obvious for anyone with ability to think, so I wonder why I'm even typing this.

Are you insinuating that the guys in Darkthrone are more talented then the guys in necrophagist? You got to be kidding!!

Are you insinuating that the guys in Darkthrone are more talented then the guys in necrophagist? You got to be kidding!!

My point was, that "talent" doesn't necessarily mean your technical ability with an instrument. Most tech-death bands are technically super-talented, but their songwriting ability is basically non-existant (of course there are exceptions like Obscura, who in addition of being very talented with their instruments, they can also make GOOD SONGS).

Quite a semantic difference :lol: But yes, it takes creativity to come up with good melodies etc, but to arrange the song and the different instruments properly, think of the overall soundworld etc. is a completely different story, and requires a talent of it's own. Many bands have that problem; they have great individual riffs/melodies, but have no idea how to structure a song or choose right guitar-sound and the song ends up sounding like shit. Mere creativity isn't enough.

When I started listening to them the same thing happened to me too. Never expected to grow to like that voice.

he also doesn't like the keyboards in their songs and says COB isn't "real" metal. he only likes the kind of metal where it's constant shrieking, guitars that sound like they're in pain, or lyrics that sound like someone's just vomiting into a microphone.

he only likes the kind of metal where it's constant shrieking, guitars that sound like they're in pain, or lyrics that sound like someone's just vomiting into a microphone.

?

Also, "You can't play heavy metal with synthesizers!" - Bruce Dickinson

Last edited by a moderator:
The persons who do not like CoB have no musical taste. It has nothing more to say there.
Their control of instruments is perfect.

Pfff... That's not because they don't like CoB that they "have no musical taste".
They just have a different taste in metal or in music in general.
Grow up.

Don't be so hard on her, she's just a 13-year old fangirl.

The persons who do not like CoB have no musical taste. It has nothing more to say there.

You're right, if someone doesn't like the melodies of COB at least on a basic level the person has no musical taste. The vocals and general metal riffs are a matter of taste tho, and solos a matter of "education." I'm very open minded person but not open minded enough to accept someone honestly hates everything about COB.

I'd vomit upon the cross, invert it and nail fanboi's cocks on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Their control of instruments is perfect.

I like how some people think that if you know your instrument it automatically makes you a great composer. Well newsflash, it doesn't.

Fanboys will crusify you!

I detect spelling fail.

-------
And nice to see some good ol' Belphegor on CoB forums :D

Ah yes, sorry, how can I be this STUPID. :yell: Of course it takes more skill to make a backing track for a rap song! You need to have like a ten year old nigga spitting inside his fist and all. The best rap song I ever heard was that Killamusic dude who put Children Of Decadence playing in the background and talked German. Or the one with Silent Hill theme melody in the background... I have nothing against rap at all if it's done well and not by stealing others' works. 90% of them are this studio gangsta rich family boy with no creativity trying to be cool but failing.

There is a major difference between Rap and Hip Hop.

First of all, rap is pop, it is more of the new school of it. It is the " Yo, NiGGA, PUSSY and SWAG" shit. Most of it is made under the giant Puff Daddys of Dr. Dre crew. So rap sucks in general.

Hip hop is good, you have really good influence in it. Generally, lyrics have a good meaning. It is really catchy and gives a good feeling after listening to it.

But you probably knew that, I hope.:cool:

the worst is when u talk to kids about metal, and they ask me my fav band and i go "COB" then they give this look of EHhhhhhhhhhhh on their face, like they maybe heard one song before, then they go, you heard of *insert standard scene metalcore band here*

it always ends in me going WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU

You're right, if someone doesn't like the melodies of COB at least on a basic level the person has no musical taste. The vocals and general metal riffs are a matter of taste tho, and solos a matter of "education."

Define that basic level of musical taste. Do I have no taste in food if I dislike lobster? Or horse shit? Well it's a matter of ..wow.. taste, too and it's pretty dumb to say that someone has no taste in music just because this person likes different styles/melodies. Because, even on that basic level,even if these melodies were brought into different genres, still some people wouldnt like it. There is no rule for having a good taste in music and if there was one, I bet it wouldnt be ''workship the melodies created by thy master alexi or your taste is doomed''

Not all COB melodies are good, like COD verse or KTS chorus, those are some annoying melodies, but I can't think of any other band that has come up with as many awesome melodies, some come pretty close tho.