why does jonas suck so much live

Newbie to Katatonia....going to the show tonite. So did they have any restocked swag in Mokena?

Sound did fucking sound great in Mokena- I was on the upper tier and it was tremendous! Jonas (and all the guys) was/were fucking ON- for every song...
and as far as swag goes,
they will be out of most merch for a couple days- perhaps portland will have more-

Hey Chris, get Reece to post some of those awesome pics you guys got last night, video or two would kick ass as well!

sparrowsblood said:
Sound did fucking sound great in Mokena- I was on the upper tier and it was tremendous! Jonas (and all the guys) was/were fucking ON- for every song...

The only error I'm aware of with the sound was a mixup in channels on one of the guitars, but that was resolved as soon as it was discovered. It was insanely cool to be standing on the side of the stage, out of view of the rest of the crowd, and heairng the show as it was being engineered. Every once in a while I was able to slap on a pair of studio monitors and hear exactly what the band was hearing. And let me tell you... Jonas wasn't too hard to pick up without those headphones, but with them... what I heard was amazing.

Vincent J. said:
I wear earplugs at concerts! they're very good so they don't block out any tones. I do this because I still would like to hear things when I'm 20, I don't know about you, but I already have a constant beep in my ears and I would like to keep it a soft beep that I only hear when it's quiet...
Wise words.

Those not wearing them and ignore the damage it shall eventually do to your hearing are the ignorant ones.

I've seen Katatonia three times, and heard various bootlegs from different parts of their carreer. I'd describe the live-vocal quallity as vastly varied in quallity, everything from spot-on to out of tune and scale. Therefor I think its getting better'n'better, seeing Katatonia rather recently started to tour all the time I think Jonas vocal technique will be refined, and we'll hear more spot-on vocals live. The overall sound-quall of Katatonia live has also been varied in quall, I might add.

I felt that the vocals (and overall performance) were actually quite good live. Although it is true that many of the harmonies that are present on the studio recordings are not performed live. And for that reason, the vocals might not sound quite the same live. That's alright, though. (But it would be interesting if more vocal harmonies were used on stage.)

Blah blah blah....We should be more critical? too much fanboyism?
Look man, this is a fan forum. we talk about how much we like Katatonia, and how cool the band is- I dont think that this is an evaluation of Katatonia forum...So you can probably expect to be met with resistance to your starting or contributing to threads like this one. everyone has off days, and He has his own stage presence- If it doesnt suit you and you have to go on about it-you might put more thought into what audience your posting your opinions to...

and the shows I saw were fuckin great, so to all who have to complain....
larfff.gif