why does jonas suck so much live

Deliverance6 said:
Jonas is over his cold now......he sounded great last night even though the sound in the venue was kind of shit.....

Seems like they had problems with the sound in various venues..Was it only Katatonia who had problems or was the sound shitty for every band?
Do you know who is in the Kata crew for this USA tour?Sound man and so on?

ether said:
Seems like they had problems with the sound in various venues..Was it only Katatonia who had problems or was the sound shitty for every band?

i've been talking about it yesterday with Alejandra ( Katatonica ) and she told me that there in Toronto, Moonspell and Daylight Dies sound was way better than Kat's.. also she mentioned that Fred said that in the previous gig the other night the sound was even worse.. i wonder what the fuck is going on.. that's so sad to hear.

it's hard as fuck to keep cleans vocals in shape..all of you should know that already....

I will tell this again =)

Katatonia should stop using Boss GT-3 Digital Processors. Most of the bands use amp distortions and single set of pedals or racks. I know Katatonia use a lot effects in their tones but they can buy stompboxes for each of em.. I have seen them twice this year. In Deftones concert, They sounded too dirty, with guitars and everything. When Deftones came up on the stage. They sounded awesome.

And in the other concert in which Katatonia was on the stage only, I though they would sound better. They started with the song Leaders , Anders played the intro, and we were expecting a strong sound when the drums and the guitars were about to came in. But there was just weak sound as if they were playing with small amps and stuff.

Loads of bands use the GT-3/6/8, yer the sound isnt that great. But alot of bands get away with getting a very good sound live. They are good for that sort of situation. Deftones get an awesome sound because they are a really really big band, where as katatonia arent. Was this at a festival by anychance :erk:

Heartless_Name said:
That's totally bullshit, but it's his opinion... let's all pitch in and get this guy some money to go visit the doctor and get his ears checked, obviously something is wrong :p.. but myeh, maybe he's one of the pussies who wear earplugs at concerts? I hate those people, like wtf is the point??? But hm, at any rate... myeh!
I wear earplugs at concerts! they're very good so they don't block out any tones. I do this because I still would like to hear things when I'm 20, I don't know about you, but I already have a constant beep in my ears and I would like to keep it a soft beep that I only hear when it's quiet...
Heartless_Name said:
P.S. As you may have noticed, I have a red box beneath my name... this was from me taking a stand against two racists on the children of bodom forum, but then all their little e-clique cyberfriends backed them up and neg repped me. I don't care personally, but if you could in kindness give me a positive rep for defending what was right, I'd very much appreciate it. As long as that red box is there, those racist pricks will think they've won. So, it'd be doing me a great service if you could give me an approval/positive rep. I'd very much appreciate it! Thanks! Fight for what is right!
hahahah, weird post:p

affinityband said:
Loads of bands use the GT-3/6/8, yer the sound isnt that great. But alot of bands get away with getting a very good sound live. They are good for that sort of situation. Deftones get an awesome sound because they are a really really big band, where as katatonia arent. Was this at a festival by anychance :erk:

yeah Opeth used it in their own concert too but they sounded great. I donno if they used 4 cable method or not but their sound was really good.

ether said:

Katatonia is hard as fuck to mix I've heard. It's because Jonas sings so quietly, that his mic needs to be heavily gated, so all the other stuff doesn't leak through it when he's not singing. If they don't have a sound guy of their own with them, the random mixing guys probably do mess up the sound.

actually in all seriousness I would like to hear a more recent live version of "Right into the Bliss" whether dvd, cd, or literally live because I bet he [Jonas] would be able to nail the pitch of the high vocals of the chorus of that song with so much more ease and accuracy then he sounds on the album, his vocals have continually improved.

As for his performance I wasn't there
It's not unusual for vocals to sound bad live, often it's the sound (and not the vocalist at all)
often it's throat infection, which you would expect with heavy tour schedual

Francis Xavier said:
actually in all seriousness I would like to hear a more recent live version of "Right into the Bliss" whether dvd, cd, or literally live because I bet he [Jonas] would be able to nail the pitch of the high vocals of the chorus of that song with so much more ease and accuracy then he sounds on the album, his vocals have continually improved.
I actually think anders would do those high vocals...
because I think it would sound a little bit silly if Jonas had to do both the main and the second vocals

Did Katatonia not bring a soundman on tour? I know it's expensive but it's a real life-saver.
And by the way, the Boss GT3/6/9 is fucking awesome, but only when put through the effects loop and combined with a good amp distortion. I've never had any luck with any processed distortion.

Vincent J. said:
now, that's a song I really think that sucks...really bad
I like SYL at times, but that song is terrible...
had to say that, sorry, please move on:p

Tell Devin how much they fucking suck, and he's gona answer: ''hell yeah, we fucking suck''. Haha, the only reason that i've posted the ''you suck'' as a np song was because it fits my post and the thread :cool:. The song indeed is pure noise, but it would be great listening to it while driving on a fast lane with 200 km/h.

actually the only show i can judge is the dvd.

I like the fact that katatonia are a "stand and deliver" band. It works well for the image / style of the band and jonas vocals