Why does Powerfest have to start on the day of finals?

Jul 21, 2003
Visit site
I want to see Iced Earth more than any other band this year, and powerfest is perfect.... My hometown is Chicago and I'm at school down in Champaign,IL most of the year. Obviously my most anticipated show of the year has to fall on the first day of University of Illinois finals.

I bought tickets...somehow I'm getting to this concert. :cry:

You know, I've had some other friends express concern to me regarding the timing of Powerfest during finals as well. I highly doubt it was the intention of anyone to do this. If you are in Champaign, it's what, maybe a 3 hour hike up here? I hope that you have an early final on that Friday so you can catch ICED EARTH! :)

You know, I've had some other friends express concern to me regarding the timing of Powerfest during finals as well. I highly doubt it was the intention of anyone to do this. If you are in Champaign, it's what, maybe a 3 hour hike up here? I hope that you have an early final on that Friday so you can catch ICED EARTH! :)

1-1.5 hours tops I gotta figure, since its around 2.5 hours all the way to chicago.

As long as I don't get nailed with a 7pm-10pm final, I will be there :erk:

1-1.5 hours tops I gotta figure, since its around 2.5 hours all the way to chicago.

As long as I don't get nailed with a 7pm-10pm final, I will be there :erk:

Doh! Yer right. I went to SIU in Carbondale...but my timing was a bit off. It isn't as far as I had said. Those night finals SUCK! We'll all keep our metal fingers crossed for you. ;)

I want to see Iced Earth more than any other band this year, and powerfest is perfect.... My hometown is Chicago and I'm at school down in Champaign,IL most of the year. Obviously my most anticipated show of the year has to fall on the first day of University of Illinois finals.

I bought tickets...somehow I'm getting to this concert. :cry:

Seems I do this at least once per year, for this or PP USA.

Being a professor, I absolve you of any exams you have to miss to make it to the show. Just tell your own professors I said it was OK, I'm sure they'll understand :)

Exams at Valpo don't start for another week or two after P-fest.

Ken

Seems I do this at least once per year, for this or PP USA.

Being a professor, I absolve you of any exams you have to miss to make it to the show. Just tell your own professors I said it was OK, I'm sure they'll understand :)

Exams at Valpo don't start for another week or two after P-fest.

Ken

Haha, I wish! Sadly I don't see most of my foreign electrical engineering prof's respecting the prog/power metal as much though.

And to the other poster, sadly too late to save the chief indeed.

Do you ever go to RECORD SWAP?

I used to shop at Record Breakers on Green Street (across from Folletts & Murphy's). They had horrible prices, around $17-$18 per cd, but it was the only decent independent store that carried metal cd's on campus. There was a used store that I walked to a few times as well. The store closed a few years ago due to lost sales from downloading music.

Once I had my car down there, I could drive to Best Buy out on Prospect Ave.