why Nightwish

I'm not really into them...Their music is good, but I cant stand the "opratic" vocals...If I want to hear that ill go listen to Charlotte Church:puke:

I love Opera, I love guitars, and I love songs that have lyrics like "Nymphomaniac Fantasia" and "The Siren". I'm a romantic what can I say.

Besides, Nightwish was one of the first bands that got me into Metal. Come to think of it, they're the first. In the thread 'Your first encounter with Metal' I put Black Sabbath, completely forgetting until now that I was listening to Nightwish before Sabbath. Hmmm, that's cool, I guess.

I like Nightwish a lot. However, their last album was a steaming pile of shit IMO. About 2 good songs ("Dark Chest of Wonders" and "Nemo"), a song where they tried desperately to appeal to the Rammstein / industrial crowd ("Wish I Had an Angel"), and the rest of the album was pretty shitty generic power metal IMO.

It's Century Child, Oceanborn and Wishmaster for me :)

I like the song 'the kinslayer' because Tarja sound so fucking cool in the beginning.

Poison God Machine said:
I like Nightwish a lot. However, their last album was a steaming pile of shit IMO. About 2 good songs ("Dark Chest of Wonders" and "Nemo"), a song where they tried desperately to appeal to the Rammstein / industrial crowd ("Wish I Had an Angel"), and the rest of the album was pretty shitty generic power metal IMO.

It's Century Child, Oceanborn and Wishmaster for me :)

Wishmaster. Yeah, I can listen to that, not for to long, but sometimes...^^

I like their stuff, but I don't think it has much lifespan. After a few listens the songs just seem so familiar, that's what I found with Oceanborn. And the vocals are kind a bore after a while.

If Tarja wasnt there they would be Bland power metal.. but they are better off without her.. perhaps they can get the old After Forever vocalist..

AF, Without Face amongst others did it better.. I hate Nightwish and thought Tarja was just finishing up BJs with her vocals. [shrugs]

I like them because of the brilliant songwriting. Everybody who says they hate them should definatly listen to "Ghost love Score" at least once and then judge again. I don´t think it´s really bad that tarja left, they´ll find someone who can do her vocals just as good or perhaps better.